Combat Flight Simulator 2: WW II Pacific Theater is a 2000 combat flight simulator video game by Microsoft. It is the sequel to Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator.
The game takes place in the Pacific War and includes campaigns loosely based on historic air battles, from the American and Japanese perspective.
In the United States, Combat Flight Simulator 2 debuted at #11 on PC Data's computer game sales rankings for October 2000. It remained in the monthly top 20 through the end of the year.
In 2001, Combat Flight Simulator 2 achieved domestic sales of 285,728 units for revenues of $13.1 million, according to PC Data.
The editors of Computer Gaming World nominated Combat Flight Simulator 2 as the best simulation game of 2000, although it lost to Comanche vs. Hokum.
- ^ Walker, Trey (November 22, 2000). "The Sims Riding High into the Shopping Season". GameSpot. Archived from the original on February 10, 2002.
- ^ Walker, Trey (December 14, 2000). "Red Alert 2 Takes November by Storm". GameSpot. Archived from the original on February 3, 2002.
- ^ Walker, Trey (January 17, 2001). "The Sims Takes All". GameSpot. Archived from the original on November 9, 2001.
- ^ Bradshaw, Lucy (January 31, 2002). "Markle Forum on Children and Media" (PDF). New York University. Archived (PDF) from the original on June 19, 2004.
- ^ McElveen, Nick (October 26, 2000). "Review; Combat Flight Simulator II: The Pacific Theater". Computer Games Magazine. Archived from the original on June 14, 2004.
- ^ Staff (April 2001). "The 2001 Premier Awards; Games of the Year". Computer Gaming World (201): 72–80, 82, 83.