Combat Zone (studio)
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (February 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Headquarters||21700 Nordhoff St, Chatsworth, California, United States|
|Footnotes / references
Combat Zone was founded in January 2006 by the industry veteran director and producer Dion Giarrusso. The company specializes in gonzo pornography featuring actresses that are new to the industry. It has however also worked with established performers. By 2008 it was producing four new titles a month.
In January 2008, Combat Zone partnered with Third World Media and hired veteran industry sales manager John Florian. Florian began in the adult video sales market working for Sin City Films, Homegrown Video and Private.
Rebekah Nazarian and Dion Giarrusso of Combat Zone are featured on MTV's True Life "I'm In The Sex Industry" first air date 2/27/2008 and still re-running. The episode is currently available for online viewing at MTV.com.
Directors who have worked for the company include: Melissa Lauren, Joachim Kessef, Mike Metropolis, Zak Wylde, Robbie Fischer, G-Man, Mark Wood, Ed Hunter, and Juan Cuba. Rather than letting individual directors own their content as he had done in the past, Giarrusso owns all of the company's content. The company acts as a distributor for Filly Films, a pornographic film production company located in Chatsworth, California producing only lesbian sex movies.
- "Giarrusso's Combat Zone Opens Monday". XBIZ. 2006-01-28. Retrieved 2009-04-02.
- XBIZ.com (2006-01-04). "Giarrusso Launches Combat Zone". XBIZ. Retrieved 2009-02-03.
- Steve Javors (2008-03-04). "NS Cash Launches Combat Zone's Official Site". XBIZ. Retrieved 2009-04-02.
- Eddie Adams (2008-01-05). "John Florian Named Sales Manager For Third World, Combat Zone". AVN. Retrieved 2010-03-31.
- Joanne Cachapero (2008-01-05). "Third World, Combat Zone Bring On John Florian". XBIZ. Retrieved 2010-03-31.
- ZeBek Garbage (2009-08-30). "iScreamGarbage.com Zine". iScreamGarbage. Retrieved 2010-02-03.
- MTV.com (2008-02-27). "True Life: I'm In The Sex Industry". MTV.com. Retrieved 2009-11-28.
- Steve Javors (2006-09-19). "FameDollars Picks Up Combat Zone". XBIZ. Retrieved 2009-04-02.
- "Adult Video Director Juan Cuba". adultfilmdatabase.com. Retrieved 2010-03-31.
- business.avn.com (2011-06-13). "Lesbian Friendly Filly Films First Release Streets Today". Business Video News. AVN. Retrieved 2012-01-13.
- Tod Hunter (2010-03-29). "Urban X Awards WInners Announced". XBIZ. Retrieved 2010-03-29.