Come as You Are (sex shop)
||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (December 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Come As You Are is a Canadian sex-positive sex shop located in Toronto, Ontario. Founded in 1997 by Cory Silverberg as a worker-owner co-operative in the model of Good Vibrations, Come As You Are has an educational and community-based mandate, and provides a fully accessible store and workshop environment. Come As You Are is known for providing a safe and comfortable environment where people can access sex information and products, as well as their work making sex toys more accessible for people with disabilities.
The co-op also provides education outreach workshops to local community groups and universities. In 2013, Come As You Are won The Co-operators' National Co-op Challenge with a proposal to bring their educational outreach to communities across Canada.
- "Your Local Neighbourhood Sex Shop Co-Operative: Come As You Are". Sex Life Canada. Retrieved 2013-12-06.
- From sex shops to coaching, services can help people with disabilities explore sensuality - The Globe and Mail
- Come As You Are!
- Best sex store | NOW Magazine
- Grainger, Lia. "Workshops at Come As You Are with Susie Bright". Metro. Toronto: Metronews.ca. Retrieved 2013-12-06.
- "Two Ontario co-ops win $25,000 in The National Co-op Challenge" (Press release). The Co-operators. 2013-10-28. Retrieved 2013-12-06.
|This article about a Canadian corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|