|Single by Jimmy Buffett|
|from the album Living & Dying in ¾ Time|
|B-side||"The Wino and I Know"|
|Genre||Country, Gulf and Western|
D-4385 (U.S., 7")
|Jimmy Buffett singles chronology|
"Come Monday" is a song written and recorded by American singer-songwriter Jimmy Buffett. It was first released on his 1974 album Living & Dying in ¾ Time and was his first Top 40 hit single, reaching No. 30 on the Billboard Hot 100 as well as No. 3 Easy Listening and No. 58 Country.
Buffett wrote the song to his wife while he was on tour. At a live performance in 1974, Buffett mentioned that he had written the song heading out to California the previous year, meaning that it would have been written as he was "heading up to San Francisco for the Labor Day Weekend show" in 1973. The single version replaces the third line, "I've got my Hush Puppies on," with "I've got my hiking shoes on."
It is one of Buffett's more popular songs, and is part of "The Big 8" that he has played at almost all of his concerts, typically changing the line "I just can't wait to see you again" to "It's so nice to be in...(location of show)...again".
|U.S. Billboard Hot 100||30|
|U.S. Billboard Hot Adult Contemporary Tracks||3|
|U.S. Billboard Hot Country Singles||58|
|Canadian RPM Top Singles||23|
- "This website is for sale! - Cobo Resources and Information". Cobo.org. Retrieved 2016-10-09.
- "Come Monday Jimmy Buffett 9/1/2008". YouTube. Retrieved 2016-10-09.
- "YouTube". YouTube. Retrieved 2016-10-09.
- "jimmy buffett - Come Monday - Live In Anguilla". YouTube. 2014-08-23. Retrieved 2016-10-09.
- "Come Monday Jimmy Buffett 6/20/2009". YouTube. Retrieved 2016-10-09.
- "Jimmy Buffett sings "Come Monday" in Boston, June 25, 2009". YouTube. 2009-06-27. Retrieved 2016-10-09.
- "Come Monday". YouTube. Retrieved 2016-10-09.