Come On Over (Shania Twain song)
|"Come On Over"|
|Single by Shania Twain|
|from the album Come On Over|
|B-side||"Man! I Feel Like a Woman!"|
|Released||September 6, 1999|
|Genre||Country pop, reggae, reggae fusion|
|Writer(s)||Robert John "Mutt" Lange,
|Producer(s)||Robert John "Mutt" Lange|
|Shania Twain singles chronology|
"Come On Over" is a song co-written and recorded by Canadian country music singer Shania Twain. It was the ninth single to country radio and title track from her album Come On Over. It was written by Twain and her then-husband, Mutt Lange. "Come On Over" was originally released to North American country radio stations in September 1999. The song went on to win a Grammy Award for Best Country Song in 2000. "Come On Over" was included in the setlist of the Come On Over Tour, and in a medley during the Up! Tour; it was also performed at the CMAs on September 29, 1999. The song was later included in Twain's 2004 Greatest Hits album.
Billboard magazine reviewed the song favorably saying "It's a cheerful little message of survival and empowerment all wrapped up in a tasty musical package", and predicted "in a career that shows no sign of losing momentum, this is the next sure hit."
The music video for "Come on Over" was taken directly from Twain's 1999 Live special from Dallas. It was filmed on September 12, 1998 and released over a year later on October 6, 1999. Directing credit is given to Larry Jordan. This video was the second live video released from the Come on Over album, following "Honey, I'm Home". The next video released after "Come on Over" was "Rock This Country!" which was also taken from a concert. The video is available on Twain's DVD The Platinum Collection.
"Come on Over" debuted on the Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks chart the week of September 11, 1999 at number 52, the highest debut of the week. The single spent 20 weeks on the chart and climbed to a peak position of number six on December 4, 1999, where it remained for two weeks. "Come on Over" became the eighth top ten single from Come on Over, her 12th in all, as well as her 15th (ninth consecutive) overall top 20 single. On the Billboard Hot 100, the song peaked at number 58, though reached number 43 on the Hot 100 Airplay chart. In Canada, "Come on Over" debuted at number one on the RPM Country Singles Chart.
- Original Album Version (2:55)
- International Version (2:55)
- Live from Dallas (3:00)
- Live from Still the One: Live from Vegas (2:02)
- Shania Twain awards Archived May 5, 2007 at the Wayback Machine
- Billboard, September 11, 1999
- "RPM Volume 70 No. 2, November 01, 1999". Collectionscanada.gc.ca. Retrieved 2012-05-12.
- Billboard chart history
- "Top RPM Country Tracks: Issue 7269." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. November 1, 1999. Retrieved July 7, 2013.
- "Shania Twain – Chart history" Billboard Hot 100 for Shania Twain.
- "Shania Twain – Chart history" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Shania Twain.
- "RPM Top 100 Country Tracks of 1999". RPM. December 13, 1999. Retrieved July 7, 2013.
"Something Like That"
by Tim McGraw
|RPM Country Tracks
November 1-November 8, 1999
"I Love You"
by Martina McBride