Comedy Central (Sweden)
|Launched||1 January 2009|
|Owned by||Viacom International Media Networks|
|Audience share||0.2% (2011, )|
|Com Hem||Channel 62|
|Telia Digital-tv||Channel 103|
Comedy Central (Swedish: Comedy Central Sverige) in Sweden is a television channel owned by Viacom International Media Networks Europe, broadcasting to Sweden. Viacom International Media Networks have said that the channel will feature both original Swedish productions made for the channel and imported content.
The channel applied for license to broadcast in the terrestrial network in Sweden in February 2008 and on 27 March 2008 they were granted a license to broadcast nationally between 7 p.m. and 3 a.m. from 1 January 2009.
The channel launched on 1 January 2009, opening with an episode of South Park and the Comedy Central Roast of Pamela Anderson. During its first month, the channel launched on Boxer, Canal Digital, Com Hem, Tele2, Telia Digital-tv, SPA, Borderlight and IP Sweden. The channel was added to the Viasat platform on 1 September 2009.
On 5 October 2010, The Daily Show premiered on Comedy Central in Sweden, having previously been broadcast on Canal+ and Kanal 9. The show is broadcast at 7 p.m. Swedish time, only 14 hours after its original U.S. broadcast, and then repeated at 11.05 p.m. This is unusually fast as American talk shows are normally shown with a one-week delay in Sweden.
Programmes available include:
- 8 Simple Rules
- According to Jim
- Dead Like Me
- Dirty Sexy Funny
- Everybody Hates Chris
- Everybody Loves Raymond
- Important Things with Demetri Martin
- Insomniac with Dave Attell
- Kenny vs. Spenny
- Mind of Mencia
- New Kids
- Out Of Practice
- Rules Of Engagement
- Sex and the City
- South Park
- Stand-up Saturday
- The Colbert Report (Global Edition)
- The Jeff Dunham Show
- The King of Queens
- The Office (US)
- Unhappily Ever After
- "Årsrapport 2011" (PDF). Mediamätning i Skandinavien.
- Här är Comedy Centrals och MTVs nya programdirektör, Dagens Media, February 8, 2008
- Tillstånd att sända TV-program[permanent dead link], page 63, Swedish Radio and TV Authority, 27 March 2008
- "Om Comedy Central". comedcentral.tv. Archived from the original on January 30, 2009. Retrieved 2009-01-09.
- "Viasat lanserar Comedy Central" (Press release). Viasat Sverige. June 4, 2009. Archived from the original on June 19, 2010. Retrieved June 5, 2009.
- ""Daily show" tillbaka i svensk tv". Barometern. October 4, 2010.