Comercial Futebol Clube (Ribeirão Preto)
|Full name||Comercial Futebol Clube|
|Nickname(s)||Bafo, Leão do Norte|
|Founded||October 10, 1911|
|Ground||Francisco de Palma Travassos|
|President||Brenno Augusto Martins|
|Head coach||Amauri Knevitz|
|League||Campeonato Paulista – Série A3|
On October 10, 1911, some business owners from Ribeirão Preto founded Commercial Football Club and the club soon became very wealthy. The field from Estádio da Rua Tibiriçá was one of the first in Brazil to receive grass, because the club's supporters complained of the dust in the air during the games. In 1936, the club has experienced a financial crisis and the Football Department was closed. In 1956, Commercial merged with Paineiras and become Comercial Football Club, entering the second division from Campeonato Paulista that same year.
Note: Flags indicate national team as defined under FIFA eligibility rules. Players may hold more than one non-FIFA nationality.
The club also owns a training ground, named Centro de Treinamento Francisco de Palma Travassos.
Comercial's rival is Botafogo (SP). The match between the two clubs is nicknamed Come-Fogo (truncation of Comercial and Botafogo). It is one of the oldest Brazilian derbies and some matches have had an attendance of over 30,000 people. Famous footballers, like Sócrates, Raí and Zé Mario played the derby. The derby is disputed not only in football, but also in basketball.
The club's official club colors are black and white. The club's home kit is all white.
- (in Portuguese) Comercial Futebol Clube (Ribeirão Preto) at Jornal Tribuna de Ribeirão Preto
- Enciclopédia do Futebol Brasileiro, Volume 1 – Lance, Rio de Janeiro: Aretê Editorial S/A, 2001.
- 1958 Campeonato Paulista Second Level at RSSSF
- 1978 Campeonato Brasileiro Série A at RSSSF Archived December 26, 2007, at the Wayback Machine
- 1979 Campeonato Brasileiro Série A at RSSSF Archived October 31, 2007, at the Wayback Machine
- (in Portuguese) Comercial Futebol Clube (SP) at Arquivo de Clubes Archived January 1, 2013, at Archive.today
- (in Portuguese) Estádio Dr. Francisco de Palma Travassos (Jóia) at Templos do Futebol
- Especial Placar – 500 Times do Brasil, São Paulo: Editora Abril: 2003.
- Basquete 'apaga' futebol em Ribeirão Preto – Francanet (October 16, 2006)
- (in Portuguese) Comercial Futebol Clube (SP) at Futebol Interior
- (in Portuguese) Comercial Futebol Clube (SP) at Times Brasileiros