(Redirected from Comic-Con)
A comic con is a comic book convention, and can refer to:
- Oz Comic Con, multi-city event held annually since 2012
Asia and Middle East
- Comic Con India, main edition held annually in New Delhi and express editions annually in Mumbai and Bangalore.
- SaudiComicCon was that nation's inaugural comic con, held on February 2017.
United Arab Emirates
- Middle East Film and Comic Con, annual fan convention in Dubai held since 2012.
- East European Comic Con, annual fan convention held in Bucharest, Romania since 2013.
- Comic-Con Russia, annual fan convention held in Moscow, Russia since 2014.
- British Comic Art Convention, (commonly known as "Comicon" ) later renamed "U.K. Comic Art & Fantasy Convention" (earliest British comic book fan convention, held from 1968–81)
- London Film and Comic Con, annual fan convention in London held since 2004
- MCM London Comic Con, held annually since 2002
- Wales Comic Con, annual fan convention in Wrexham held since 2008
- Edinburgh Comic Con, held annually since 2014
- Comic Con Experience, a Brazilian multigenre entertainment and comic convention in São Paulo held since 2014
- Central Canada Comic Con, annual fan convention in Winnipeg held since 1994
- Montreal Comiccon, annual fan convention in Montreal held since 2007
- Toronto Comic Con, started in 2003, purchased by Wizard Entertainment in 2009
- Toronto ComiCON, semi-annual Toronto convention, presented by Fan Expo Canada
- Ottawa Comiccon, annual fan convention in Ottawa, first half of May, launched in 2012
- Alamo City Comic Con, annual fan convention in San Antonio, Texas since 2013
- Baltimore Comic-Con, annual fan convention in Baltimore held since 2000
- Big Apple Comic Con (formerly Big Apple Con and Wizard World Big Apple Comic Con), annual fan convention in New York City held since 1996
- Dallas Comic Con, annual fan convention in Dallas, Texas, held since 2002
- Denver Comic Con, annual fan convention in Denver, Colorado, held since 2012
- East Coast Comicon (formerly Asbury Park Comicon), annual fan convention in Secaucus, New Jersey held since 2012
- Emerald City Comicon, annual fan convention in Seattle held since 2003
- L.A. Comic Con annual fan convention in Los Angeles, California, held since 2011
- Motor City Comic Con, annual fan convention in Metro Detroit held since 1989
- New York Comic Con, annual fan convention in New York City held since 2006, the second largest fan convention in the US
- Ohio Comic Con, (formerly Mid-Ohio Con), annual fan convention held in Columbus, Ohio since 1996; held in Mansfield, Ohio from 1980–95
- Phoenix Comicon, annual fan convention in the Phoenix area, held since 2002
- Pittsburgh Comicon, annual fan convention in Monroeville, Pennsylvania, held since 1994
- Rhode Island Comic Con, annual fan convention in Providence, Rhode Island since 2012
- Salt Lake Comic Con, biannual fan convention in Salt Lake City, Utah, held since 2013
- San Diego Comic-Con International, held in San Diego since 1970
- Silicon Valley Comic Con, held in San Jose since 2016
- Wildcat Comic Con, annual fan convention in Williamsport, Pennsylvania, held from 2012-2014
- Wizard World Chicago (formerly Chicago Comicon) annual fan convention in the Chicago area, held since 1976, acquired and rebranded by Wizard Entertainment in 1997
- List of comic book conventions
- List of defunct comic book conventions
- Comecon, a trade treaty
- Comiaken people, one of the Cowichan Tribes located in and around the Cowichan Valley and Duncan, British Columbia
- Comiket, a Japanese comic convention
- Science fiction fandom
- Fantasy fandom
- "A 'Comic-Con' by Any Other Name (Or, How Not to Commit Trademark Infringement with Your Library Comic Event)". Programming Librarian. 2017-05-01. Retrieved 2017-05-09.
- "Trademark Status & Document Retrieval - Comic Con". United States Patent and Trademark Office. Retrieved 2017-07-06.
- "Trademark Status & Document Retrieval - Comic-Con". United States Patent and Trademark Office. Retrieved 2017-07-15.
- "Trademark Cancellation Proceeding - Comic-Con". United States Patent and Trademark Office. Retrieved 2017-07-15.