|Motto||For better Education|
|Chancellor||President Abdul Hamid|
|Vice-Chancellor||Prof. Dr. Md. Ali Ashraf|
|24 (First Class Officer)|
|Location||Comilla, 3506, Bangladesh|
|Campus||Salmanpur, Kotbari, Comilla|
The Comilla University (Bengali: কুমিল্লা বিশ্ববিদ্যালয়) is a public university located at Kotbari, Comilla, Bangladesh. The university was constructed on 50 acres (20 ha) of land at Shalbon Bihar, Moynamoti. Comilla University is affiliated by University Grants Commission, Bangladesh.
Golam Mowlah is the founder vice-chancellor of Comilla University who served until he was removed on 30 July 2008. Zulfikar Ali, a professor of mathematics, was given the charge as acting Vice-Chancellor. The next vice-chancellor of Comilla University, A.K.M. Zehadul Karim declared his resignation on 7 October 2009 after a major violence in campus. Amir Hossen Khan, a professor of Physics department of Jahangirnagar University, was appointed as Vice-Chancellor on 22 November 2009. After expiration of the duration of Amir Hossen Khan then Ali Ashraf, a professor of Economics department and Ex-President of Chittagong University Teachers Association has been appointed as the 5th Vice-Chancellor of Comilla University. He joined the university on 3 December 2013. The chancellor of the university is President of Bangladesh Abdul Hamid.
It started with 7 functional departments. Now there are a total of 19 departments Under 6 faculties including Information & Communication Technology (ICT), Computer Science & Engineering (CSE), Pharmacy, Physics, Chemistry, Statistics, Mathematics, Finance and Banking, Accounting & Information Systems (AIS), Marketing, Management Studies, Media & Journalism, Law, Economics, Public Administration, Archeology, Anthropology, Bengali, and English.
- Chancellor: Mr. Md. Abdul Hamid (Hon’ble President of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh)
- Vice-Chancellor: Md. Ali Ashraf 
President: Professor Dr. Md. Ali Ashraf(Vice-Chancellor, CoU)
Member: 1.Professor Abdul Mannan(Chairman, University Grants Commission of Bangladesh) 2.Chairman of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board, Comilla 3.Divisional Commissioner of Chittagong Division 4. Professor Kundu Gopidas(Treasurer, CoU) 5.Dr. Md. Abu Taher(Dean, Faculty of Science, CoU) 6.M M Shariful Karim(Dean, Faculty of Arts & Humanities, CoU) 7.Professor Dr. Md. Sayadur Rahman(Department of Chemistry, CoU) 8.Prof. Dr. Md. Zakir Sayadullah Khan(Department of Economics, CoU) 9.Prof. Dr. Md. Abdul Hakim(Dept of Political Science, CU) 10.Additional Secretary (university),Ministry of Education
Member-Secretary: Md. Mojibur Rahman Mojumder(Registrar, CoU)
The executive committee of the National Economic Council (ECNEC) approved a project for the establishment of twelve science and technology universities in the country during 2001 and one of these was planned to be established in Comilla. But instead, the government granted a general university and its charter in Comilla on 8 May 2006, as the 26th public university under which the university is being operated.
The university formally started its journey on 28 May 2007, through an orientation program for the 2006–07 academic year with 300 students and 15 teachers enrolled in 7 departments under 4 faculties:
- Department of Mathematics under the Faculty of Science,
- Department of English under the Faculty of Arts & Humanities,
- Department of Economics and Public Administration under the Faculty of Social Science,
- Three departments (Accounting & Information Systems, Management, Marketing) under the School of Business.
The Department of Computer Science & Engineering (CSE) was introduced in the 2008–09 session. The Department of Bangla, Department of Anthropology and the Department of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) was introduced in the 2009–2010 session. Three new departments (Physics, Chemistry and Statistics) have been opened in the academic session 2010–2011.From the academic session 2013–14 three more department (Finance and Banking, Pharmacy and Archeology) have been introduced. Comilla University has more than four thousand students in different batches, 120 teachers and 100 staffs devoted to conducting teaching and research.
Faculties & Departments
Faculty of Arts & Humanities
Faculty of Social Sciences
- Public Administration
- Media & Journalism
Faculty of Law
Faculty of Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Information and Communication Technology
Faculty of Science
Faculty of Business Administration
- Finance and Banking
- Accounting and Information Systems
There are three academic buildings in Comilla University Campus:
- Academic Building 1(North)
- Academic Building 2(South)
- Academic Building 3
Residential student halls
There are four residential halls. One for female and three for male students.
- Kazi Nazrul Islam Hall
- Shaheed Dhirendranath Datta Hall
- Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibor Rahman Hall
- Nawab Faizunnesa Choudhurani Hall (Female)
- "Foundation stone of Comilla University laid". Unb, Comilla: The Daily Star. 8 February 2006.
- "Comilla Univ vice-chancellor removed". New Age. 31 July 2008.
- সংঘর্ষের পর কুমিল্লা বিশ্ববিদ্যালয় বন্ধ, পদত্যাগের ঘোষণা উপাচার্যের [Comilla University clashes, resignation of vice-chancellor]. bdnews24.com (in Bengali). 8 October 2009. Retrieved 10 October 2009.
- আমির হোসেন খান কুমিল্লা বিশ্ববিদ্যালয়ের নতুন উপাচার্য [Amir Hossain Khan, the new vice-chancellor of Comilla University]. Prothom Alo (in Bengali). 22 November 2009. Retrieved 24 October 2009.
- "Comilla University". cou.ac.bd.