Coming Soon (2008 film)
Coming Soon movie poster
|Directed by||Sophon Sakdapisit|
|Produced by||Youngyooth Thongkonthun|
|Written by||Sopon Sukdapisit|
GMM Tai Hub (GTH) Co. Ltd.
Joy Luck Club Film House
|Distributed by||GMM Tai Hub|
Coming Soon (Thai: โปรแกรมหน้า วิญญาณอาฆาต) is a 2008 Thai horror film starring Worrakarn Rotjanawatchra, Oraphan Arjsamat, Sakulrath Thomas, and Chantavit Dhanasevi. The film is the directorial debut for Sophon Sakdapisit, who was the co-writer of the films Shutter (2004) and Alone (2007).
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2015)
Slasherpool felt that the film had some decent scary moments and that the script was sound. They noted that first-time director Sopon Sukdapisit might not have had a lot of experience, with some obvious flaws, and "rookie" mistakes, and nothing very innovative, suggesting that he stick to writing. The opined that it "is a movie destined to be remade"..."worth watching if you're in the mood for a decent ghost story but don't expect to get blown away." When reviewed by Movie Exclusive, they summarized by saying "Coming Soon doesn't have enough to be an instant classic, but it bodes well for the GMM Tai Hub stable that they're still a force to be reckoned with when it comes to raking up the scares". The Fridae Movie Club thought the film had promise when they wrote "Coming Soon has a sharp film-within-a-film concept, further proof of Sophon Sakdapisit’s screenwriting talents", but noted its lacks when writing "But the direction falls way short of the ambitious script." This same opinion was shared by Fangoria, which wrote "Sakdapisit tosses in a few effective setpieces and plenty of gouged-out eyes, but the majority of Coming Soon feels overly familiar and illogical".
- "Program Nar Vinyan Ar-Kat (Coming Soon) (2008)". Box Office Mojo. IMDB.com, Inc. Retrieved 25 July 2015.
- Rizal, Johan (April 15, 2009). "A taste for horror". The Star Online. Retrieved 2009-04-16.
- "Coming Soon: The movie handles the subject of deja vu and that's just what this movie feels like". Slasherpool.com. Retrieved 2009-04-16.[dead link]
- "Coming Soon (Thailand)". moviexclusive.com. Retrieved 2009-04-16.
- "American Film Market 2008 - Part Two: The Reviews". fangoria.com. December 8, 2008. Archived from the original on March 12, 2009. Retrieved April 16, 2009.
- "review of Coming Soon". dlaznmovies.com. Retrieved 2009-04-16.
- "review of Coming Soon (2008)". horrornews.net. Retrieved 2009-04-16.