Commander United Kingdom Carrier Strike Group
|Commander United Kingdom Carrier Strike Group (COMUKCSG)|
|Royal Navy, Ministry of Defence|
|Reports to||Commander United Kingdom Strike Force|
|Nominator||Secretary of State for Defence|
|Term length||Not fixed (typically 2 years)|
|Inaugural holder||Commodore Alan D. Richards|
The Commander United Kingdom Carrier Strike Group, (COMUKCSG) is a senior British Royal Navy appointment which commands the UK Carrier Strike Group. COMUKCSG, a Commodore, commands a total of 65 personnel, and is headquartered at HMNB Portsmouth.
The post holder was first established in 2006 as Commander, United Kingdom Carrier Task Group it was later re-designated UK Carrier Strike Group.
Commodore Cunningham, the previous COMUKCSG, flew his flag throughout the January to May Orion '08 deployment, as Commander Task Group 328.01, which included exercises with the Indian Navy, aboard HMS Illustrious.
The appointment of Commander UK Carrier Strike Group was disestablished in January 2011, following the 2010 Strategic Defence and Security Review. The post was re-established in February 2015.
List of Commanders Carrier Strike Group (first iteration)
- Commodore Alan D. Richards: 2006-July 2007
- Commodore Thomas A. Cunningham: July 2007-April 2009
- Commodore Simon J. Ancona: April 2009-January 2011 
List of Commanders UK Carrier Strike Group (second iteration)
- Commodore Jeremy P. Kyd: February 2015-September 2016
- Commodore Andrew Betton: September 2016-October 2018
- Commodore Michael D. Utley: October 2018-December 2019 
- Commodore Stephen M.R. Moorhouse: December 2019-present
- Royal Navy Surface Fleet
- Queen Elizabeth-class aircraft carrier
- Commander United Kingdom Strike Force
- Commander Littoral Strike Group
- "Group thinking: UKCSG builds momentum towards CSG21". www.janes.com. IHS Janes. 8 August 2018. Retrieved 22 August 2018.
- "The Carrier Strike Group' – The ACA discuss details of HMS Queen Elizabeth and her escorts". ukdefencejournal.org.uk. 16 October 2017. Retrieved 1 October 2018.
- Richard Scott, 'ASW Resurfaces,' Jane's Defence Weekly, Volume 45, Issue 24, 11 June 2008, p.25
- Mackie, Colin (10 September 2019). "Senior Royal Navy Appointments 1865: Commander Carrier Strike Group (from 2006 to 2001 and 2015)" (PDF). gulabin.com. Colin Mackie. Retrieved 10 September 2019.
- "Vice Admiral Alan David Richards awarded Order of the Bath". watfordobserver.co.uk. 18 June 2012. Retrieved 1 October 2018.
- Mackie, Colin (August 2018). "Royal Navy Senior Appointments from 1865". gulabin. C. Mackie. pp. 218–219. Retrieved 6 August 2018.
- "HMS Ark Royal Welcomes 1(F) Joint Force Harrier Squadron to Auriga Task Group". webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk. The National Archives UK. 9 December 2010. Archived from the original on 9 December 2010. Retrieved 8 August 2018.
- "New Commander UK Carrier Strike Group | Royal Navy". www.royalnavy.mod.uk. Royal Navy, MOD UK. 15 September 2016. Retrieved 8 August 2018.
- "Shaping the UK Carrier Strike Group: The Perspective of Commodore Andrew Betton and Col. Phil Kelly". sldinfo.com. 22 June 2018. Retrieved 1 October 2018.
- "F-35 pilot makes history with revolutionary method of landing jets on HMS Queen Elizabeth". Royal Navy. 15 October 2018. Retrieved 15 October 2018.
- "Surface fleet awarded for outstanding performance". Royal Navy. 20 December 2019. Retrieved 20 December 2019.
- Mackie, Colin (7 January 2020). "Admirals January 2020" (PDF). gulabin.com. Colin Mackie. Retrieved 7 January 2020.
Commodore Stephen M.R. Moorhouse: Commander, Carrier Strike Group, December 2019