|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Commando mortar refers to a class of infantry light mortars designed for maximum portability and rapid deployment, at the expense of accuracy and repeatability.
Commando mortars often feature design simplifications such as straps instead of bipods, carrying handles, and limited aiming equipment. Some commando mortar straps are marked with measurements, with the intent that the mortarman step on a marked point of the sling and pull the sling taut, at which point the mortar will be angled so as to fire to the range marked at that point of the sling.
- Austria: Hirtenberger M6C 60mm
- Portugal: INDEP M/968 60mm
- United Kingdom: L9A1 51 mm Light Mortar
- France: Lance-grenade individuel Mle F1 (LGI Mle F1) 51mm mortier léger
- Ireland: Denel Land Systems M1 60mm commando mortar
- Israel: Soltam C03 60mm
- South Africa: M-4 Commando Mortar 60mm
- Spain: ECIA 60mm
- Yugoslavia: M70 60mm
- Peru: DC-M37C1 60mm Patrol Mortar
- Turkey: MKEK 60mm
- Soviet Union: "Spade mortar" 37mm
- Iran: "Marsh mortar" 37mm
- Netherlands: Mortar 60mm
- Jane's Infantry Weapons
- Tactical Weapons, May 2010 Issue. Guns of the Elite: Multi-Mission Warriors, page 93.