From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up commentator in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A commentator is a person who comments or expresses an opinion on a subject.
Specific commentators may include:
- A pundit, who offers to mass media their opinion or commentary on a particular subject area
- A political or social commentator, who practices advocacy journalism by adopting a non-objective viewpoint for some social or political purpose
- A biblical commentator, who offers comments on the Bible
- A sports commentator, who gives a running commentary of a sports game or event
- A color commentator, who specifically provides expert analysis and background information during a sports game or event in real time
Commentator or commentators may also refer to:
- Postglossator or commentator, a member of a European legal school which arose in France in the fourteenth century
- Averroes (1126-1198), Muslim polymath and philosopher known as "The Commentator"
- Commentator (horse), American Thoroughbred racehorse
- "The Commentators", a 1985 UK hit single/parody by the impressionist Rory Bremner
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Commentator.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.