Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up commentator in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A commentator is a person who comments or expresses an opinion on a subject.
Specific commentators may include:
- A pundit, who offers to mass media their opinion or commentary on a particular subject area
- A political or social commentator, who practices advocacy journalism by adopting a non-objective viewpoint for some social or political purpose
- A biblical commentator, who offers comments on the Bible
- A sports commentator, who gives a running commentary of a sports game or event
- A color commentator, who specifically provides expert analysis and background information during a sports game or event in real time
Commentator or commentators may also refer to:
- those who wrote commentaries on Aristotle in the Middle Ages
- Postglossator or commentator, a member of a European legal school which arose in France in the fourteenth century
- Averroes (1126-1198), Muslim polymath and philosopher known as "The Commentator"
- Commentator (horse), American Thoroughbred racehorse
- "The Commentators", a 1985 UK hit single/parody by the impressionist Rory Bremner
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Commentator.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.