Commercial Metals Company
|Traded as||NYSE: CMC
S&P 400 Component
|Headquarters||Irving, Texas, United States|
|Joseph Alvarado, President & Chairman of the Board & CEO|
|3.9 million tons of steel (2016)|
|Revenue||US$4.610 billion (FY 2016)|
|US$72.543 million (FY 2016)|
|US$54.762 million (FY 2016)|
|Total assets||US$3.130 billion (FY 2016)|
|Total equity||US$1.367 billion (FY 2016)|
Number of employees
|8,388 (August 31, 2016)|
In its fiscal year 2016, the company shipped 2.630 million tons of steel from its American mills and 1.254 million tons of steel from its mill in Poland.
The company was founded in 1915 by Jacob Feldman as a scrap trading company.
In 1994, the company acquired Owen Steel Company in an $87 million transaction.
In 2002, the company sold the heavy structural fabrication assets of SMI-Owen Steel, resulting in $20 million of proceeds.
- Commercial Metals Company Form 10-K Annual Report for the Fiscal Year Ended August 31, 2016
- CMC Americas: About Us
- CMC: History
- "Commercial Metals to Acquire Owen Steel". New York Times. September 28, 1994.
- "Commercial Metals Company Completes Sale of Heavy Structural Fabrication Assets of SMI-Owen Steel Company, Inc. Subsidiary" (Press release). PRNewswire. March 28, 2002.
- "Icahn Offers to Buy Metals Company". New York Times. November 28, 2011.
- Commercial Metals website
- Commercial Metals Company Form 10-K Annual Report for the Fiscal Year Ended August 31, 2015
|This article about an industrial corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|