European Parliament Committee on Fisheries
This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (April 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: Entire article is just a list of bullet points with very little actual content. (January 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
PECH is the European Parliament committee responsible for:
1. the operation and development of the common fisheries policy and its management;
2. the conservation of fishery resources, the management of fisheries and fleets exploiting such resources and marine and applied fisheries research;
3. the common organisation of the market in fishery and aquaculture products and the processing and marketing thereof;
4. structural policy in the fisheries and aquaculture sectors, including the financial instruments and funds for fisheries guidance to support these sectors;
5. the integrated maritime policy as regards fishing activities;
6. sustainable fisheries partnership agreements, regional fisheries organisations and the implementation of international obligations in the field of fisheries.
The Committee is directly supported by a research service, the Policy Department for Structural & Cohesion Policies. Most of its research studies and briefings are published online. The papers do not necessarily reflect the view of the Committee.
Recent publications (as of October 2018):
- Agriculture and Fisheries Council (Council of the European Union)
- European Commissioner for Maritime Affairs and Fisheries
- European Fisheries Control Agency
|This article about the European Union is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|