|Developer(s)||Pat Deegan, PhD & Associates, LLC|
|Initial release||October 2006|
People diagnosed with mental health disorders are often faced with complex treatment options. Shared decision making can be useful when medical evidence does not suggest a clearly optimal treatment path. The program makes use of shared decision making to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of consultations, and has led to higher levels of satisfaction among clients.
CommonGround was first implemented by Patricia Deegan in 2006 in conjunction with the Kansas Department of Social and Rehabilitation Services. Providers can license the software for a monthly or yearly fee, which varies according to the number of users.
- 2015 Wayne Fenton Award for Exceptional Clinical Care
- 2013 APA Gold Award: Amplifying the Voices of Individuals Who Use Mental Health Services: A Commitment to Shared Decision Making
- 2013 Scattergood Foundation Innovation Award
- 2013 New York Association of Psychiatric Rehabilitation Services (NYAPRS) Lifetime Achievement Award
- Patient Empowerment by the Ashoka Changemakers Foundation finalist in the international competition
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality recognition as a practice innovation
- "AHRQ Innovations Exchange - Shared Decisionmaking Tools plus Peer Support Lead to More Efficient and Effective Mental Health Consultations and High Satisfaction". Retrieved 17 October 2010.
- "Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center - Center for Shared Decision Making - About Shared Decision Making". Retrieved 17 October 2010.
- Deegan, Patricia E.; Rapp, Charles; Holter, Mark; Riefer, Melody (June 2008). "Best Practices: A Program to Support Shared Decision Making in an Outpatient Psychiatric Medication Clinic". Psychiatric Services Journal. 59 (6): 603–605. doi:10.1176/appi.ps.59.6.603. PMID 18511580. Retrieved 17 October 2010.
- "CommonGround Pricing". Pat Deegan PhD & Associates, LLC. Retrieved 6 April 2017.