|Developer(s)||Pat Deegan, PhD & Associates, LLC|
|Initial release||October 2006|
People diagnosed with mental health disorders are often faced with complex treatment options. Shared decision making can be useful when medical evidence does not suggest a clearly optimal treatment path. The program makes use of shared decision making to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of consultations, and has led to higher levels of satisfaction among clients.
- 2015 Wayne Fenton Award for Exceptional Clinical Care
- 2013 APA Gold Award: Amplifying the Voices of Individuals Who Use Mental Health Services: A Commitment to Shared Decision Making
- 2013 Scattergood Foundation Innovation Award
- 2013 New York Association of Psychiatric Rehabilitation Services (NYAPRS) Lifetime Achievement Award
- Patient Empowerment by the Ashoka Changemakers Foundation finalist in the international competition
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality recognition as a practice innovation
- "AHRQ Innovations Exchange - Shared Decisionmaking Tools plus Peer Support Lead to More Efficient and Effective Mental Health Consultations and High Satisfaction". Retrieved 17 October 2010.
- "Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center - Center for Shared Decision Making - About Shared Decision Making". Retrieved 17 October 2010.
- Deegan, Patricia E.; Rapp, Charles; Holter, Mark; Riefer, Melody (June 2008). "Best Practices: A Program to Support Shared Decision Making in an Outpatient Psychiatric Medication Clinic". Psychiatric Services Journal. 59 (6): 603–605. doi:10.1176/appi.ps.59.6.603. PMID 18511580. Retrieved 17 October 2010.