Renault–Nissan Common Module Family
|Common Module Family (CMF)|
|Body and chassis|
|Predecessor||Nissan B platform|
Nissan C platform
Nissan D platform
The Common Module Family (CMF) is a modular architecture concept jointly developed by car manufacturers Nissan and Renault through their Renault–Nissan Alliance partnership. The concept covers a wide range of vehicle platforms.
CMF is aimed at reducing manufacturing costs and competing with similar previous concepts as Volkswagen Group's MQB. It consists of five groups of interchangeable, compatible modules: engine bay, cockpit, front underbody, rear underbody and electrical/electronic. According to the companies involved in the development, CMF is not a conventional platform but rather a manufacturing system which can be applied to different vehicles. The actual platforms are built combining a limited set of common modules: a single module can be used for different platforms, covering different classes of vehicles, and so allowing a greater standardisation of components between both Nissan and Renault. Renault–Nissan announced various variants developed using CMF: CMF-C(D for large and mid-sized vehicles (examples are the third-generation Nissan X-Trail and the second-generation Nissan Qashqai), CMF-B for subcompacts/superminis and CMF-A for smaller vehicles. The CMF will initially be used in approximately 14 vehicle models worldwide with an estimated production of 1.6 million units annually. The first CMF vehicles were introduced through 2013 with Nissan's CMF-C/D models. The first CMF-A car, the Renault Kwid, was launched into the Indian market in September 2015. The first CMF-B model would be the second-generation Nissan Juke.
It is planned to adopt capital business tie-up in 2016. and to Mitsubishi Motors Cars which it put in the Renault-Nissan alliance from 2019.
- 2013–present Nissan Qashqai (J11)/Nissan Rogue Sport (J11)
- 2013–present Nissan X-Trail (T32)/Nissan Rogue (T32)
- 2014–present Nissan Pulsar (C13)
- 2015–present Renault Espace V
- 2015–present Renault Kadjar
- 2015–present Renault Talisman/Renault Samsung SM6
- 2016–present Renault Mégane IV
- 2016–present Renault Koleos II/Renault Samsung QM6
- 2016–present Renault Scénic IV
- 2019 Nissan Juke (second generation) — CMF-B
- 2019 Renault Clio V — CMF-B 
- 2019 Renault Captur — CMF-B 
- 2020 Dacia Sandero III — CMF-B
- 2020 Dacia Logan III — CMF-B
- TBA, unnamed Mitsubishi B-segment hatchback — CMF-B
- TBA, Mitsubishi RVR (fourth generation) — CMF-B
- TBA, Mitsubishi Outlander (fourth generation) — CMF-C/D
- Names of the platforms created using CMF.
- McVeigh, Paul; Gain, Bruce (3 June 2014). "How Ghosn aims to catch Toyota, GM, VW". autonews.com. Automotive News. Retrieved 27 September 2014.
- "Modular architecture for Renault Nissan Alliance models". Motor Trader. 8 July 2014. Retrieved 27 September 2014.
- Gibbs, Nick. "How Renault is cutting costs through more synergies with Nissan". autonews.com. Automotive News. Retrieved 28 February 2015.
- "Common Module Family (CMF): A new approach to engineering for the Renault–Nissan Alliance". Nissan. 19 June 2013. Retrieved 26 September 2014.
- Phillips, Tom (19 June 2013). "Renault-Nissan announce CMF modular architecture". Haymarket Consumer Media. Retrieved 1 March 2015.
- Moss, Darren (19 June 2013). "Renault-Nissan Alliance announces Common Module Family". autocar.co.uk. Autocar. Retrieved 26 September 2014.
- "Renault bets on cheap car with high-end features in India". europe.autonews.com. Automotive News Europe. 20 May 2015. Retrieved 20 May 2015.
- "Renault Kwid launched in India at Rs 2.56 lakh; full price list, features, booking, mileage and more". ibtimes.co.in. International Business Times. 24 September 2015. Retrieved 9 October 2015.
- Gibbs, Nick (7 September 2015). "Nissan Juke will be first model based on new small-car platform". europe.autonews.com. Automotive News Europe. Retrieved 9 October 2015.
- "All-New Renault Megane Confirmed For Frankfurt Auto Show". Carscoops. 22 May 2015. Retrieved 21 April 2016.
- Pollard, Tim (26 February 2015). "Renault Kadjar confirmed: it's the Qashqai from France!". Car. Retrieved 26 January 2015.
- "Renault reveals the Kadjar" (PDF). Renault. Retrieved 3 February 2015.
- Burn, Jonathan (21 April 2016). "New Renault Koleos SUV: official pic and latest details". AutoExpress. Retrieved 21 April 2016.
- "Datsun redi-GO Makes Global Debut; India Launch Slated for June 2016". Car And Bike. 14 April 2016. Retrieved 20 April 2016.