|Origin||Brooklyn, N.Y., United States|
|Labels||No Sleep Records|
Common Sage is an American emo band based in Brooklyn, New York. Formed on Staten Island in 2018, the band has released two albums and one EP. Members include Julian Rosen on vocals and guitar, Chris Johns on guitar and bass guitar, and Phil DiMarco on drums.
After the dissolution of his previous band, Davey Crockett., Julian Rosen recruited two friends of his, Phil DiMarco (formerly of Quantice Never Crashed) and Jenna Snyder, to help him develop and perform some unreleased songs. This reworked material was recorded for the band’s debut album, “Where are you? I’m in Klamath Falls, are you here?” released on cassette by Good Sadie Media in 2018. After this album’s release, the trio toured heavily.
The band recorded several songs during 2019 and 2020, and featured these on an EP, Might as Well Eat the Chicken, We Won’t Be Here in the Morning, released by Acrobat Unstable in 2020. This was re-released on cassette by Friend Club Records in February of the following year. This EP showcased a more experimental sound than had been found on the band’s debut, and music videos were produced for three of the EP's songs.
In October of 2020, Rosen, DiMarco, and new member Chris Johns traveled to Chicago to record their sophomore album with Neil Strauch, known for producing such bands as Joan of Arc and Slow Mass. This album, It Lives and It Breathes, will be released in September 2021 by No Sleep Records. Its lead single, Think About the Desert, premiered on BrooklynVegan on July 7, 2021, and was released as a 7” with the B-side Only Human on July 9, 2021.
|Date of Release||Title||Label|
|2018||"Where are you? I'm in Klamath Falls, are you here?"||Good Sadie Media|
|2021||It Lives and It Breathes||No Sleep Records|
|2020, 2021||Might as Well Eat the Chicken, We Won't Be Here Tomorrow||Acrobat Unstable, Friend Club Records|
- "Common Sage biography". Spotify. Archived from the original on 2019-12-29. Retrieved July 13, 2021.
- "Common Sage – "Where Are You? I'm In Klamath Falls, Are You Here?"". Discogs. August 4, 2018. Archived from the original on 2021-03-02. Retrieved July 13, 2021.
- Kamiński, Karol (September 9, 2020). "NY emo indie post hardcore rockers Common Sage break down new artsy album". IdiotEQ. Retrieved July 13, 2021.
- Anderl, Tim (February 4, 2021). "EP Premiere: Common Sage – 'Might As Well Eat The Chicken, We Won't Be Here In The Morning'". New Noise Magazine. Retrieved July 13, 2021.
- Sacher, Andrew (July 7, 2021). "NY emo band Common Sage releasing new LP on No Sleep (stream a track)". BrooklynVegan. Retrieved July 13, 2021.
- "Think About the Desert / Only Human". No Sleep Records. July 9, 2021. Archived from the original on 2021-07-13.