Common Sense on Mutual Funds
|March 18, 1999|
Published in English
|John C. Wiley & Sons|
Common Sense on Mutual Funds: New Imperatives for the Intelligent Investor is a book written by John Bogle. Since its release, it has received high accolades in the investment community. It has become a bestseller and is considered a "classic." ConsumerAffairs.com rated it on its "15 Business Books That Could Actually Help Make You Rich" list. Despite it being aimed at American audiences, the British newspaper The Independent stated "there is nothing in it that does not apply in some measure to the UK fund industry."
The book gives advice to investors about mutual funds, the praise of index funds and the importance of having a long term strategy. On the dust jacket cover, Jim Cramer wrote, "After a lifetime of picking stocks, I have to admit that (Vanguard Group founder John) Bogle's arguments in favor of the index fund have me thinking of joining him rather than trying to beat him."
- David Brancaccio (October 3, 2010). "John Bogle". NOW on PBS. Archived from the original on 2011-02-02.
- Scott Burns (March 13, 2010). "A visit with John Bogle". Seattle Times. Archived from the original on 2011-02-02.
- Yager, Fred (December 18, 2010). "Here Are 15 Business Books That Could Actually Help Make You Rich". ConsumerAffairs.com. Archived from the original on 2011-02-02.
- Davis, Johnathan (May 19, 1999). "Investment: Simplicity and low costs are key to success". The Independent. Archived from the original on 2011-02-02.
- Krantz, Matt (May 3, 2006). "Managing Your Money". USA Today. Archived from the original on 2011-02-02.
|This article about a book on economics or finance is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|