Commonwealth Foundation for Public Policy Alternatives
|Type||Public policy think tank|
(FYE December 2013)
The Commonwealth Foundation for Public Policy Alternatives is a nonpartisan think tank based in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. It develops and advances fiscally conservative and libertarian public policies. The organization's stated mission is to "transform free-market ideas into public policies so all Pennsylvanians can flourish."
The organization supports the privatization of Pennsylvania's state-run liquor stores. The Commonwealth Foundation is a proponent of increased school choice through charter schools and school vouchers. The organization supported former Democratic Governor Ed Rendell's proposal to privatize or lease the Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission.
The organization's projects include PennsylvaniaVotes.org, which describes every bill, amendment, and vote that takes place in the Pennsylvania General Assembly and PFTFails.com, a website that documents the activities of Pennsylvania's teacher's unions.
- "Charity Rating". Charity Navigator. Also see "Quickview data" (PDF). GuideStar.
Total Revenue: $2,810,324 Total Expenses: $2,665,762 [FYE December 2013]
- Scott, Jason (January 16, 2010). "A look at the track records of local legislators". The Sentinel. Retrieved 5 March 2015.
- Warner, Dave (April 10, 2011). "Harrisburg-area think tanks influence policies". The Patriot News. Retrieved 5 March 2015.
- McQuade, Dan (October 15, 2014). "Commonwealth Foundation to Demonstrate at Schools Protest". Philadelphia Magazine. Retrieved 5 March 2015.
- "What is CF?". Commonwealth Foundation. Retrieved 5 March 2015.
- Dionne, Jr., E.J.; Daly, Lew (2010). God's Economy: Faith-Based Initiatives and the Caring State. ReadHowYouWant.com,. p. 167. ISBN 9781459605879.
- Gleiter, Sue. "Commonwealth Foundation releases poll showing voters support liquor privatization in Pennsylvania". The Patriot-News. Retrieved 5 March 2015.
- Shamlin III, Wilford (February 20, 2015). "Charter school vote draws criticism". Philadelphia Tribune. Retrieved 5 March 2015.
- Lieberman, Brett (December 11, 2007). "Just the facts, ma'am". The Patriot News. Retrieved 6 March 2015.
- Commonwealth Foundation
- Organizational Profile – National Center for Charitable Statistics (Urban Institute)