This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Commotion is a visual effects application, originally released by Puffin Designs. Puffin Designs was founded by Scott Squires (Visual Effects Supervisor at Industrial Light and Magic) and Forest Key to market Commotion.
Commotion set a high standard for a rotoscoping application, introducing rotosplines and offering features like motion tracking and motion blurring for masks. It was the first desktop application to allow real-time playback of full quality video clips from RAM.
Puffin Designs was later acquired by Pinnacle in 2000. After another release, Pinnacle let the program languish. Pinnacle has since been acquired by Avid, who shows no signs of reviving the product.
The last release was version 4.1.
- Product Review: Commotion
- Commotion DV 3.1 Review & Rating | PCMag.com
- The Commotion About Puffin's New Software
- Complete coverage of the COMMOTION PRO 4.0 Graphics & 3-D Software | Macworld
- No result found that matched commotion-3-0 in All Categories - alaTest.com
- The Electronic Mailbox - Videoguy interviews Colin Sharp the Manager of Software Sales at Pinnacle Systems
- TVTechnology: Puffin’s Commotion Effects Software
|This filmmaking article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This animation-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|