Communist Marxist Party
|Communist Marxist Party|
|Leader||K. R. Aravindakshan
C. P. John
|Founder||M. V. Raghavan|
|Split from||Communist Party of India (Marxist)|
|Headquarters||Kunnukuzhy, Trivandrum-695037, Kerala|
|Politics of India
Communist Marxist Party is a political party in Kerala, south India. The party was founded in 1986 when Communist Party of India (Marxist) (CPI(M)) leader M. V. Raghavan was expelled from the CPI(M) due to a grave difference of opinion regarding the formation of alliances with the Muslim League. His support for forming a united front with non-secular parties such as the Muslim League in order to take on alliances led by the Indian National Congress was ultimately rejected by the CPI(M) leadership. He was subsequently expelled from the Party.
The CMP was part of the United Democratic Front, an alliance in Kerala which is led by the Indian National Congress. In March 2014, the party split and the faction led by C. P. John continued in the UDF while the faction led by K. R. Aravindakshan, which had the support of M. V. Raghavan, decided to cooperate with the Left Democratic Front although it was not officially inducted into the front.
In 2011 assembly election of Kerala, CMP fielded three candidates but could not win any seat and presently the party does not have representation in Kerala assembly. CMP has links with the Party of Democratic Socialism of Saifuddin Chaudhury in West Bengal. M.V. Raghavan attended the PDS state conference in December 2003.
CMP participates in the Confederation of Indian Communists and Democratic Socialists.
- All India Centre of Trade Unions (AICTU)
- Kerala Socialist Youth Federation (KSYF)
- State Employees and Teachers Federation (SETF)
Local Body Elections, 2010
Total for Kerala: Village Wards:16, Block Wards:4, District Wards:1, Municipality Wards:7 & Corporation Wards:3.
- Thiruvananthapuram District - Corporation Wards:3, Village Wards:0.
- Kannur District - No Representation
- Kollam District - Village Wards:5
- Alappuzha District - Block Wards:1, Municipality Wards:2.
- Idukki District - Village Wards:1
- Ernakulam District - Village Wards:2
- Thrisur District - Village Wards:2, District Wards:1 & Municipality Wards:5.
- Palakkad District - Village Wards:2
- Malappuram District - Village Wards:2, Block Wards:1.
- Wynad District - Block Wards:1.
- Kasargode District - Village Wards:1, Block Wards:1.
- "CMP splits, one faction moves to LDF". The Hindu. 23 March 2014. Retrieved 15 August 2015.
Democratic Studend Federation [DSF]