Communist Party of Canada candidates, 2008 Canadian federal election
- Burnaby—Douglas - George Gidora
- Kelowna—Lake Country - Mark Haley
- Newton—North Delta - Harjit Daudharia
- Vancouver Kingsway - Kimball Cariou
Brampton—Springdale: Dimitrios (Jim) Kabitsis
Kabitsis was 76 years old at the time of the election, and was a retired real estate salesman. He joined the Communist Party of Canada in 1962. Kabitsis ran for a seat on the Toronto City Council in 1980, calling for a reduction in the cost of the Toronto Transit Commission's Metropass, a shorter term of the Metro Toronto Chairman, and the recognition of day care as a right. His 2008 election biography also indicates that he has been a municipal candidate in Orillia. He is a member of Fair Vote Canada, a group advocating electoral reform.
|1980 Toronto municipal||Toronto City Council, Ward Five||n/a||912||3.41||5/6||Ying Hope and Ron Kanter|
|2008 federal||Brampton—Springdale||Communist||135||0.30||5/5||Ruby Dhalla, Liberal|
Note: The results from 1980 are taken from the Toronto Star newspaper, 11 November 1980, A12 (146 out of 148 polls reporting).
- Davenport - Miguel Figueroa
- Don Valley West - Cathy Holliday
- Guelph - Drew Garvie
- Kitchener Centre - Martin Suter
- Kitchener—Waterloo - Ramon Portillo
- Ottawa West—Nepean - Alex McDonald
- St. Catharines - Sam Hammond
- Toronto Centre - Johan Boyden
- Windsor West - Elizabeth Rowley
- Hochelaga - Marianne Fontaine
- Laurier—Sainte-Marie - Samie Page-Quirion
- Mount Royal - Antonio Artuso
- Westmount—Ville-Marie - Bill Sloan
- Dimitrios Kabitsis : Communist Party : Brampton-Springdale, Brampton Guardian, accessed 20 May 2009.
- "Ward 5: Aware voters demand top politicians", Toronto Star, 3 November 1980, A14.
- Canada Votes: 2008, Brampton—Springdale, Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, accessed 20 May 2009.
- list of candidates from meeting at Communist Party of Canada offices on September 14, 2008
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (September 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|