Communist Party of Canada candidates, 2008 Canadian federal election
- Burnaby—Douglas - George Gidora
- Kelowna—Lake Country - Mark Haley
- Newton—North Delta - Harjit Daudharia
- Vancouver Kingsway - Kimball Cariou
Brampton—Springdale: Dimitrios (Jim) Kabitsis
Kabitsis was 76 years old at the time of the election, and was a retired real estate salesman. He joined the Communist Party of Canada in 1962. Kabitsis ran for a seat on the Toronto City Council in 1980, calling for a reduction in the cost of the Toronto Transit Commission's Metropass, a shorter term of the Metro Toronto Chairman, and the recognition of day care as a right. His 2008 election biography also indicates that he has been a municipal candidate in Orillia. He is a member of Fair Vote Canada, a group advocating electoral reform.
|1980 Toronto municipal||Toronto City Council, Ward Five||n/a||912||3.41||5/6||Ying Hope and Ron Kanter|
|2008 federal||Brampton—Springdale||Communist||135||0.30||5/5||Ruby Dhalla, Liberal|
Note: The results from 1980 are taken from the Toronto Star newspaper, 11 November 1980, A12 (146 out of 148 polls reporting).
- Davenport - Miguel Figueroa
- Don Valley West - Cathy Holliday
- Guelph - Drew Garvie
- Kitchener Centre - Martin Suter
- Kitchener—Waterloo - Ramon Portillo
- Ottawa West—Nepean - Alex McDonald
- St. Catharines - Sam Hammond
- Toronto Centre - Johan Boyden
- Windsor West - Elizabeth Rowley
- Hochelaga - Marianne Fontaine
- Laurier—Sainte-Marie - Samie Page-Quirion
- Mount Royal - Antonio Artuso
- Westmount—Ville-Marie - Bill Sloan
- Dimitrios Kabitsis : Communist Party : Brampton-Springdale, Brampton Guardian, accessed 20 May 2009.
- "Ward 5: Aware voters demand top politicians", Toronto Star, 3 November 1980, A14.
- Canada Votes: 2008, Brampton—Springdale, Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, accessed 20 May 2009.
- list of candidates from meeting at Communist Party of Canada offices on September 14, 2008
This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (September 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)