Community youth development
Community youth development, or CYD, is a philosophy emphasizing the symbiotic nature of youth development to community development by situating the two practices in a common framework. CYD combines the natural instincts of young people as they desire to create change in their surrounding environments by developing partnerships between youth-related organizations and community development agencies to create new opportunities for youth to serve their communities while developing their personal abilities.
- Positive youth development
- Youth voice
- Youth empowerment
- Youth rights
- Youth-led media
- The Freechild Project
- Teaching for social justice
- Community Youth Development Journal Published by the Institute for Just Communities (IJC) and the Institute for Sustainable Development, Heller School of Social Policy and Management, Brandeis University.
- Innovation Center A national training and technical assistance provider for CYD.
- Community Youth Development: Programs, Policies, and Practices A resource publication.
- CommonAction An international CYD resource, training, and technical assistance organization.
- YoMo - support and resources for young peoples community participation.
- Youth Outreach Team - City of Vancouver's method of involving youth in civic decisions.
- Learning for a Cause, a non-profit educational organization founded by educator and writer Michael Ernest Sweet.
- Oaktree Foundation