Como dice el dicho
|Como dice el dicho|
|Directed by||Emmanuel Duprez|
|Opening theme||"Como dice el dicho"|
by Mané de la Parra and Mario Bautista
|Country of origin||Mexico|
|No. of seasons||8|
|No. of episodes||684 (aired) (list of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Genoveva Martínez|
|Production location(s)||Mexico City, Mexico|
|Running time||60 minutes approx.|
|Original network||Las Estrellas|
|Picture format||1080i HDTV|
|Audio format||Stereophonic sound|
|Original release||February 1, 2011 –|
|Related shows||La rosa de Guadalupe|
Como dice el dicho (translation: As the saying goes) is a Mexican anthology drama series produced by Genovena Martínez for Televisa. The series premiered on February 1, 2011 on Las Estrellas, and is currently airing its eighth season.
The series covers many stories where a proverb (usually of Mexican origin) is selected for each episode and applied to real-life situations such as family violence, economic crisis, personal growth, the dignity of women, homosexuality, and drug addiction, among others.
The series is set in modern Mexico City, mostly at a café named "El Dicho Cafe" owned by Don Tomás, where he is helped by his granddaughter Isabel and his employees. Episodes usually center around the customers who, most of the time, are dealing with a problem. Throughout the episode a proverb is written in one of the white walls of the café, either by Don Tomás, one of his employees, or by a customer. The saying that is written usually describes the situation of what is happening in the particular moment it is written.
Unlike many Televisa productions, Como dice el dicho is filmed on location in various parts of Mexico City. Six episodes are shot per week; two episodes are filmed simultaneously. The coffee shop scenes in Season 1 and the first episodes of Season 2 were filmed in the colonia Condesa in the borough of Cuauhtémoc. Since Season 2 coffee shop scenes have been filmed in the colonia Anzures in the borough of Miguel Hidalgo. The crew usually films at the coffee shop once or twice a week. The first two episodes of the fourth season were filmed in Zacatlán, Puebla, which was the first time the series filmed episodes outside of Mexico City. The first two episodes of the fifth season were filmed in ultra-high-definition 4K resolution.
The series' original theme song is called "Como dice el dicho". It is performed by Mexican singer Mané de la Parra in Seasons 1 and 3. The same theme song is used for Season 2 but is performed by singer Jass Reyes. For season 4 a new song performed by Marco Di Mauro was used as the show's theme; this song is also called "Como dice el dicho". For seasons 5 and 6 the original theme song returned and was performed by Mané de la Parra and Margarita Vargas. For season 7, the song is performed by de la Parra and by Mexican band La Original Banda El Limón.. In season 8 the song is performed by de la Parra and Mario Bautista.
|Sergio Corona||Tomás León||Main|
|Wendy González||Isabel León||Main||Flashback|
|Héctor Sandarti||Ramón León||Guest||Guest||Main|
Awards and nominations
|2013||Best Unit Program||Nominated|
- "¡Arranca la temporada 8 de Como dice el dicho!". lasestrellas.tv (in Spanish). Retrieved 16 August 2018.
- "About "Como dice el dicho"". televisa-networks.com.
- "Como dice el dicho..." televisa.com.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2016-12-29. Retrieved 2016-01-15.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Se graba, se graba..." oem.com.mx. Retrieved December 5, 2016.
- "'Como dice el dicho' comienza nueva etapa y estrena cafetería". defacto.com.mx.
- "Como dice el dicho graba nueva temporada". televisa.com.
- "¡Revelan todo lo nuevo sobre El dicho!". televisa.com.
- "Marco Di Mauro cantará el nuevo tema de 'Como dice el dicho'". televisa.com.
- Velasco, Karina. "Sergio Corona protagoniza la serie Como dice el dicho". cronica.com.mx (in Spanish). La Crónica de Hoy. Retrieved 16 August 2018.
- "Protagonista de Como dice el dicho de Televisa Wendy González habla a PRODU sobre los valores positivos del programa". produ.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 16 August 2018.
- Berman, Shanik. "Wendy González no salió mal con producción "Como dice el dicho": Corona". radioformula.com.mx (in Spanish). Radio Fórmula. Retrieved 16 August 2018.
- "¡COMO DICE EL DICHO GANA COMO MEJOR PROGRAMA UNITARIO EN LOS PREMIOS TVYNOVELAS!". lasestrellas.tv (in Spanish). Retrieved 16 August 2018.
- "PREMIOS TVYNOVELAS 2016: ¡LISTA COMPLETA DE GANADORES!" (in Spanish). tvynovelas.com. Retrieved April 17, 2016.
- "Ellos son los ganadores de Premios TVyNovelas 2017". Revista TVyNovelas (in Spanish). Retrieved 2017-03-27.
- "Ganadores de los Premios TVyNovelas 2018". tvynovelas.com (in Spanish). TVyNovelas. Retrieved 19 February 2018.
- Carmona, Liliana. "Premios TVyNovelas 2019: Lista completa de ganadores". lasestrellas.tv (in Spanish). Retrieved 11 March 2019.