Company85 is an independent IT consultancy specialising in IT transformation, service management, workspace, cloud integration, data management, and security and privacy. It was formed in 2010 following a management buyout from Symantec. Company85 is based in the City of London, UK.
Company85 was originally established as Company-i, a professional IT services firm based in the City of London, United Kingdom. In 2006 Company-i was acquired by Symantec and became the UK and EMEA consulting arm of Symantec Global Services. The acquisition was driven by Symantec’s wish to deepen its risk management services capability.
Following Symantec’s decision in 2010 to move to a channel-based consultancy delivery model, the business again became independently owned and managed, with Adrian Spink as CEO, Stephen Watterson as services director and Bill Trim as sales director. All three had been with the company since its time as Company-i.
In 2014 Company85 was named by BCS UK as the Services Provider of the Year as well as IT employer of the Year. In 2012 they were named Small IT Supplier of the Year in the Organisational Excellence category at the UK IT Awards organised by British Computer Society and Computing (magazine) (it had been a medallist the previous year). It was a finalist in the same category in 2014 and also a finalist as UK Services Company of the Year and UK IT Employer of the Year. Company85 staff were also shortlisted for multiple awards in the 2013 and 2014 UK IT Awards.
Company85 was also shortlisted as 2013 Information Security Consultancy of the Year at the SC Europe Awards, as Specialist Company of the Year at the Business Continuity Awards 2012 and 2014, and as 2014, 2013 and 2011 CRN Channel Service Provider of the Year organised by CRN Magazine.
Company85 provides advisory, programme management and managed services in cyber security, storage, backup, and data centre transformation. It was Symantec's first Data Protection Delivery Provider to be appointed in the UK. and has since expanded its technology alliances with EMC, HDS, Proofpoint and others.
Acquisition of XOR
On 2 August 2013 Company85 acquired XOR, a provider of specialist consultancy, integration and support services to the UK IT channel. Through the acquisition Company85 gained access to XOR’s expertise in workspace solutions, while Company85 intended its virtual on-demand consulting teams would help XOR’s partners deliver more professional services business. XOR had been a specialist supplier of workspace transformation services that had been named one of the UK's fastest-growing tech firms in 2012.
In January 2012 it was announced that Company85 had become title sponsor of a project to complete the world's fastest powered surface circumnavigation. The project is named the Company85 Global Challenge. It will use a purpose-built vessel named Accomplish More for the project, which is being led by British ocean adventurer Alan Priddy. Since then, the challenge has been rebranded to the Global Challenge .
- Symantec to Acquire Company-i, accessed 2011-07-27
- Company85 is a “start-up on steroids” - Consultant-News.com, accessed 2011-07-27
- UK IT Industry Awards 2012, accessed 2013-03-12
- 2011 Organisational Excellence Awards winners and medallists - BCS The Chartered Institute for IT, accessed 2011-12-16
- UK IT Awards 2014 finalists, accessed 2014-10-07
- UK IT Awards 2013 finalists, accessed 2013-12-07
- SC Europe Awards 2013, accessed 2013-03-12
- Business Continuity Awards 2012 shortlist, accessed 2013-03-12
- Business Continuity Awards 2014 shortlist, accessed 2014-05-21
- CRN Channel Awards shortlist 2014, accessed 2011-10-07
- CRN Channel Awards shortlist 2013, accessed 2011-12-07
- CRN Channel Awards shortlist 2011, accessed 2011-12-16
- Symantec names Company85 as its first Data Protection Delivery Provider, accessed 2012-01-20
- Proofpoint - "We're here to stay", accessed 2013-01-07
- Company85 says acquisition means it can provide full range of channel services from desktop to datacentre - CRN, accessed 2013-12-07
- Channel firms dominate Deloitte Fast 50 - CRN, accessed 2013-12-07
- Alan Priddy teams up with Company85 to Accomplish More, accessed 2012-01-19
- White Hat Rally Sponsors, accessed 2012-06-08