This is a partial, non-exhaustive list of notable online dating websites and mobile apps. All services in the list that have an entry, whether they support heterosexual connections, currently support homosexual connections.
Online dating services
|Name||Description||Owner||Registered users||Free||All features free||Heterosexual connections||Polyamorous connections||Free Messaging||STD-notification|
|Adam4Adam||Connects men with men "for friendship, romance, or a hot hookup".||Yes||No||No||?||Yes||Yes|
|Adult FriendFinder||Members can connect with other adult members based on profiles.||30,000,000 as of 2006||No||No, free users cannot respond to contact and cannot initiate contact. Paid users have added benefits.||Yes||Yes||No|
|AnastasiaDate||Connects Western men with women from Russia and former Soviet Republics – CIS||4,000,000 as of 2013||No||No||Yes||?||No|
|Ashley Madison||Members are matched up with other married adult members based on profiles.||17,815,000 as of February 2013||Yes||No; Free users can view profiles and respond to contact but cannot initiate contact. Paid users have added benefits.||Yes||Yes||No|
|Badoo||Badoo enable users to meet new people in their area for chat, dating or to make new friends. Available in 44 languages on the web and on 12 different mobile platforms.||Bumble, Inc.||500,000,000 as of Feb 2021||Yes||No; Charge for higher prominence, higher limits, invisibility, etc.||Yes||?||Partial|
|BeautifulPeople.com||Dating website where membership is based on a vote, in which existing members rate how attractive they perceive prospective members to be.||800,000 as of 2015||No||No; free profile but subscription required for most features including messaging.||Yes||?||No|
|Bumble||Dating app where women send the first message (for heterosexual matches)||Bumble, Inc.||22,000,000 as of 2017||Yes||No||Yes||?||After match; only woman can initiate|
|Christian Connection||For Christian singles from the UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, USA, Canada and Singapore||No
||No; Free trial. Free basic profile members can still see photos, edit profiles, search, use discussion boards. Paid members can freely message, start discussion thread, no daily limit of discussion board entries. Basic profile members can only message other users with pre-set replies.||Yes||Partial|
|ChristianMingle||Dating site that caters to Christian singles. Members may choose whether to specify the Christian denomination to which they belong.||Spark Networks Services GmbH||12,000,000 as of 2019||No||No||Yes||?||No|
|Coffee Meets Bagel||App providing daily curated matches based on Facebook connections||Yes||No, "Beans" (in-app currency) unlock extra features, such as matching with users who aren't in your curated list. Premium membership enables activity reports, read receipts, extra beans.||Yes||Yes|
|Compatible Partners||eHarmony's service for same-sex relationships||ParshipMeet Holding GmbH||No||No||No||?||No|
|Cupid.com||Dating website for people who are looking for romantic relationships.||NSI Holdings Ltd.||8,000,000 as of 2016||No||No; Free: registration, profile, search, pictures uploading, send and receive winks, chat rooms, promo activities. VIP users can send and reply to mails, view full-size personal photos||Yes||No||No|
|DateMySchool||Dedicated to verified college students and alumni (via education database). Strong emphasis on privacy and safety. Can block by departments and schools. Members only see intersection of what they are looking for and what other members are looking for.||179,000 as of 2013||Yes||No; All users can view profiles. Free messaging and status posting for undergraduates (5 messages/day limit). Alumni cannot initiate or respond to contact or post status updates. All Paid users can message and post and they also have added benefits.||Yes||?||Partial|
|DOWN (app)||Online dating application for users looking for casual relationships and hookups.
Users can swipe up for more serious dating, swipe down for casual hookups.
|Yes||No; More features such as finding out who liked you.||Yes||After match.|
|eHarmony||Dating site based upon pre-screening using personality tests.||ParshipMeet Holding GmbH||No||No; free profile but subscription required for most features including messaging.||Yes||?||No|
|Facebook Dating||Digital dating product at Facebook||Yes||Yes||Yes||?||Yes||?|
|Gaydar||Profile-based dating website for gay and bisexual men, women, and couples.||Yes||No; Chat and search is free.||No||?||Yes|
|GayRomeo / PlanetRomeo||Worldwide social network, instant messaging and dating community for gay, bisexual and transgender men.||6,740,000 registered and 1,107,000 active (last 6 weeks[when?])||Yes||No: Communication, profile and picture views, search engine are free. Video downloads, higher database limits, deactivation of advertising are not.||No||?||Yes|
|Gleeden||Social network, instant messaging and dating community for extra-marital relationships.||No||No: Costs credits to send and read messages unlimited number of times to one user and premium gives higher database limits, deactivation of advertising||Yes||?||No|
|Grindr||Geosocial networking application based on Android and iOS.||San Vicente Acquisition LLC||3,600,000
daily active users as of 2018
|Her||Geosocial networking application based on Android and iOS with Facebook integration. Men are not allowed to create profiles on the platform.||Yes||Yes||No||?|
|Happn||Mobile single dating site||50,000,000 registered users as of 2019||Yes||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Hily||Mobile dating site||15,000,000 as of 2020||Yes||No||Yes||Yes (but preliminary heterosexual)||After match.|
|Hinge||Match Group, Inc.||20,000,000 people use Hinge (800,000 pay for premium services)||Yes||No; Free users are able to filter by age location, gender, ethnicity, and religion, and have limited swipes. Premium users can filter by more, including children, politics and drug use. Hinge Premium users are also able to see everyone who has liked them already.||Yes||?||?|
|JDate||Dating site that serves people of a Jewish background as well as those interested in them.||Spark Networks Services GmbH||No||Yes||?||No|
|JSwipe||Online dating app targeted at millennial Jewish singles.||Spark Networks Services GmbH||800,000 as of September 2016||Yes||No; messaging without match||Yes||Implicitly discouraged||After match|
|Lovestruck.com||Online dating for single professionals in UK, Hong Kong and Singapore||300,000 registered as of 2012||No||No||Yes||?||No|
|Mamba||Social-network-like dating site, primarily CIS/former Soviet Union, but some international presence. Primary language is Russian, but all languages welcome (and searchable). Caters to all audiences.||40,000,000 as of 2019||Yes||No: Communication, profile and picture views, simpler engine, blogs are free. Additional search criteria and double appearances in others' relevant searches for "VIP membership". Single payments for regional advertising of profile (one-time appearance in scrolling banner for $1 – user picture, link, short text for mouseover; bidding war for stationary second banner + cost of $1/minute).||Yes||?||Yes|
|Manhunt||Profile-based dating website for men seeking men||Yes||No. Messaging, search, 20 profile views per day, video chat is free. Manhunt VIP includes unlimited profile views, view full-sized profile photos, unlimited buddies, unlimited blocks, saved searches||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Match.com||Match Group, Inc.||96,000,000 registered as of 2010 1,377,000 active (2009)||No||No||Yes||?||No|
|Meetic||European online dating service||Match Group, Inc.||60,000,000 registered as of 2022||No||No||Yes||No|
|OkCupid (OkC)||Uses answers from user-generated questions to find matches that conform to a user's stated preferences.||Match Group, Inc.||30,000,000+ active as of 2013||Yes||No; Free to join, search, messaging, and chat. Phone verification needed in order to register an account or access a pre-existing account. Non-essential features like sponsored profile promotion available for paid "A-List" members.||Yes||Yes||After match|
|Parship||Dating site for people looking for a long-term relationship, using a personality test. Available in Europe and Mexico.||ParshipMeet Holding GmbH||No||No; free profile but subscription required for most features including messaging.||Yes||No|
|Perfectmatch.com||This dating website is using heuristic algorithms to find matches.||No||No||Yes||No|
|POF (PlentyofFish)||Dating site mostly active in United States, Canada, United Kingdom and Brazil||Match Group, Inc.||100,000,000 registered as of 2015||Yes||No; Features such as seeing the date and time a user viewed your profile and allowing you to see whether a user read and/or deleted your message.||Yes||Yes|
|Pure (app)||Dating site mostly active in United States, Canada and United Kingdom, average user between 25 and 40||Misterico Limited||500,000 registered as of 2021||Yes||No||Yes||Yes||Yes time-limited|
|Right Stuff||Dating site for graduates and faculty of Ivy League, Seven Sisters, and about 50 similar colleges and universities and medical schools||4,900||No||No; $50 fee for 6 month membership, plus $3 for profile of members of interest||Yes||?||Yes|
|Scruff||Dating app for gay and bisexual men||15,000,000 registered users (2019)||Yes||No||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Sniffies||Browser based dating and hookup app for gay and bisexual men||Yes||No||No||?||Yes|
|SpeedDate.com||Former online speed dating site, where users meet via text, audio, and video chat - Domain now owned by Match.com - No longer a Speed Dating site||Match Group, Inc.||9,000,000 registered as of 2010||Yes||No, Premium users can continue communicating after unlimited free speed dates||Yes|
|Squirt.org||Cruising and hookup site for men seeking men||Yes||No||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Taimi||Geosocial networking application based on Android and iOS for LGBTQI+ community.||2,000,000+
as of 2019
|Tastebuds.fm||Utilizes tastes in music||No||No; Subscription required to send or receive messages.||Yes||No|
|Tawkify||Has human matchmakers who set up matches rather than having users find each other.||No||No based on user creating activities.||Yes||No|
|Tinder||Mobile single dating site||Match Group, Inc.||75,000,000 active users as of 2021||Yes||No – premium users get unlimited swipes, can undo a no-swipe, can browse in other locations, in addition to some other preferences and features||Yes||?||After match|
|Zoosk||Has an integration with Facebook community.||Spark Networks Services GmbH||50,000,000 as of 2011||Yes||No; Searching and viewing partial profiles is included with free account like most dating sites, fee or monthly subscription for full communication with other members.||Yes||No|
- Yahoo! Personals
- Spray Date
- Matchmaker.com (Dating service founded in 1986 which had 259,771 users)
- Kraus, Rachel (May 31, 2018). "Grindr, other dating apps are working to add STD notification features". Mashable.
- "'Adult' Dating Sites Are Flourishing". Startup Journal. Archived from the original on March 23, 2006. Retrieved 28 February 2015.
- "The Mail Order Bride Boom". CNN Fortune. April 9, 2013. Archived from the original on December 25, 2013. Retrieved April 7, 2014.
- "How Many Members Does the Top Adultery Site Have?". Retrieved 2013-02-14.
- "Official Badoo website". Retrieved 2018-10-16.
- "Dating site for beautiful people kicks out more than 3,000 members for 'letting themselves go'". Daily News (New York). 2015-03-05. Retrieved 22 April 2015.
- O'Connor, Clare. "Billion-Dollar Bumble: How Whitney Wolfe Herd Built America's Fastest-Growing Dating App". Forbes.
- "Christian Mingle - Reviews, Cost, all the informations!". Meet Singles in USA (in French). Retrieved 2019-03-03.
- "Coffee Meets Bagel launches premium membership for $35 per month". 22 March 2017. Retrieved 2017-11-14.
- "DateMySchool Homepage Count". Retrieved 2013-01-23.
- "ROMEO | Gay, Bi and Trans Dating and Chat". ROMEO | Gay, Bi and Trans Dating and Chat.
- "Grindr defends sharing user HIV status with other companies". CNBC. 2 April 2018. Retrieved 2018-07-06.
- "Saint-Valentin : quel bilan pour l'appli de rencontres Happn ?". Les Echos (in French). 2019-02-14. Retrieved 2022-07-22.
- Gonzalez, Romain (2019-03-10). "" Le dating est un fait social reconnu "". Le Point (in French). Retrieved 2022-07-22.
- "Hily Official Website". Retrieved 2020-05-13.
- "Hinge Revenue and Usage Statistics (2022)". Business of Apps. 2022-03-11. Retrieved 2022-10-26.
- Adkins, Laura E. (October 7, 2016). "JSwipe Right: Fall in Love With the Revolutionary Founder David Yarus". The Forward. Retrieved February 7, 2019.
- "Lovestruck.com". Retrieved 2012-06-22.
- "Mamba.ru". Retrieved 2019-12-16.
- "How Many Members Do the Top Dating Sites Have?". Archived from the original on 2011-11-07. Retrieved 2010-10-23.
- "oktrends". Archived from the original on 2010-10-06. Retrieved 2010-09-12.
- "Discover meetic's portfolio of brands – meetic-corp". Retrieved 2023-02-12.
- "OkCupid Free Features".
- "OkCupid A-List Features". Archived from the original on 2011-06-21. Retrieved 2009-08-21.
- "Search for love, the 21st century way". Retrieved 2017-05-10.
- "Plentyoffish Serious Member Upgrade". Retrieved 2009-09-27.
- "Why New Yorkers are joining Pure, the dating app 'where anything goes'". Retrieved 2023-08-10.
- "Gay entrepreneur found the road to success full of slurs". Las Vegas Review-Journal. 2016-10-21. Retrieved 2017-05-29.
- "Sensor Tower Taimi: LGBTIQ+ Dating, Chat - Revenue & Download estimates". Retrieved 2019-09-23.
- Biddle, Sam. "The Best Dating Site You've Never Heard of Is Too Smart for Its Own Good", Gizmodo, 29 June 2012. Retrieved on 4 August 2012.
- "Tinder Revenue and Usage Statistics (2023)". 9 January 2023. Retrieved 2023-01-12.
- "Zoosk Facebook Page" – June 2, 2011
- "About Zoosk". Retrieved 2011-06-05.
- "Zoosk Review" Archived 2012-08-08 at the Wayback Machine – July 3, 2012
- "Matchmaker.com – Site Info from Alexa". Archived from the original on 2017-09-29. Retrieved 2017-09-28.