Compendium of Macromolecular Nomenclature
The Compendium of Macromolecular Nomenclature, by the International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (IUPAC), provides definition of polymer related terms and rules of nomenclature of polymers. It is referred to as the Purple Book. It was published in 1991 (ISBN 0-63202-8475) by Blackwell Science. The author of this book is W.V. Metanomski.
The rules and definitions were set up by the IUPAC Commission on Macromolecular Nomenclature.
- International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry nomenclature
- Compendium of Chemical Terminology (the Gold Book)
- Nomenclature of Organic Chemistry (the Blue Book)
- Nomenclature of Inorganic Chemistry (the Red Book)
- Quantities, Units and Symbols in Physical Chemistry (the Green Book)
- Compendium of Analytical Nomenclature (the Orange Book)
- "Book details: Compendium of Macromolecular Nomenclature". IUPAC. Archived from the original on 2014-10-07. Retrieved July 6, 2012.
- "History of IUPAC Polymer Terminology and Nomenclature". IUPAC. Archived from the original on April 15, 2013. Retrieved July 6, 2012.
- PDF version of book from IUPAC.org
- Compendium of Macromolecular Nomenclature (from old.IUPAC.org)
- Preview of the Purple Book at Google books
|This article about a chemistry-related book is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about polymer science is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|