List of street view services
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Competition of Google Street View)
|This article or section possibly contains previously unpublished synthesis of published material that conveys ideas not attributable to the original sources. (August 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
This is a list of online mapping services that provide 360-degrees panorama around the world, it is grouped by region.
- Google Street View is the most comprehensive street view service in the world. It provides street view for more than 70 countries worldwide.
- Bing Maps Streetside is Microsoft's competing service.
- The Mapillary project collects crowdsourced images from its users, which are licensed under a CC BY-SA license.
- OpenStreetView was created by Telenav and is very similar to Mapillary both by using crowdsourced imagery and for licensing the images as CC BY-SA.
- Apple Inc. has announced that it is creating a street view service in 2015 as part of its Apple Maps service.
- Armenia: Russian company Yandex, offers street view for Yerevan.
- China: Tencent at Tencent Maps offers street view many cities around China including Shenzhen, Shanghai, Beijing, Guangzhou, Nanjing, Suzhou, Fuzhou, Xiamen, Xi'an, Chengdu, Kunming, Wuhan, Lijiang, Dali, Sanya, Wuyuan, Ürümqi, Harbin, Changchun, Gobi Desert, including Lhasa and other sparsely populated places, and is currently in the progress of expanding its coverage to other cities in China.
- India: A local service called WoNoBo (now unavailable) offered street view for some Indian cities. WoNoBo is 360-degree-view platform and it facilitates the creation of local communities online. It also enables local businesses to have an online, social presence.
- Japan: Location View, now defunct.
- Kazakhstan: Russian company Yandex, offers street view for Astana, Almaty and Karaganda.
- South Korea: Because Google has not updated its limited coverage of Korea since 2012, domestic services offer much more up-to-date and frequently updated complete coverage. Daum Maps available for PC and smartphones provides up-to-date street view coverage for most of the country: map.daum.net Rival service Naver Maps http://map.naver.com/ also offers up-to-date street view and plane view for most of the country.
- Thailand: MapJack provides street views of the south of the country.
- North Korea: Singaporean photographer Aram Pan created a website called DPRK 360 that provide panoramas of many points of interest.
- Vietnam: Phophuong360.vn offers street view for some streets of Ho Chi Minh City. The panoramas are also available on Google Maps via Photosphere. WONAV.com offers street view for selected locations including Vũng Tàu, Hanoi, Sa Pa, and panoramas are also available via Photosphere.
- Belgium: CycloMedia offers a charged service providing street views of Flanders on pixel level with 10 cm accuracy.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina: Rutmap offers street view for center of Bosnia and Herzegovina capital Sarajevo.
- Czech Republic: Panorama is available at mapy.cz
- Denmark: CycloMedia offers a charged service providing street views of Odense, Aarhus and Copenhagen on pixel level with 10 cm accuracy. The Danish map-tool Krak offers their own version of street view in the largest Danish cities, including Copenhagen, Odense and Aarhus. Nokia Maps or HERE offers street views of Copenhagen.
- France: Mappy provides street views of major cities in France. Centers and suburbs main roads are covered.
- Germany: CycloMedia offers a charged service providing street views of over 50 cities in Germany on pixel level with 10 cm accuracy. Bing Maps offered street view for Berlin, Frankfurt, Munich, Augsburg, Ingolstadt, Nuremberg, Fürth, Erlangen, Stuttgart, Pforzheim, Karlsruhe, Wiesbaden, Mainz, Düsseldorf, Essen and other locations until May 23, 2012.
- Hungary: Romanian company NORC provided street view service for Budapest, Debrecen, Győr, Miskolc, Szeged, Hajdúszoboszló, Siofok and the rest of Lake Balaton's shores. The sites seems to be down since early November 2013.
- Kosovo: GjirafaPikBiz offers street view for all major locations of Kosovo. Lokacion.com offers street view for Pristina.
- Netherlands: CycloMedia offers a charged service providing actual and historic street views of the Netherlands on pixel level with 10 cm accuracy.
- Norway: CycloMedia offers a charged service providing street views of Oslo, Bergen and Trondheim on pixel level with 10 cm accuracy. Norwegian web page Finn.no launched their own Street View service. There are 12 cities and towns available so far. The quality of the imagery seems better than the service offered by Google, and the images are more recently taken. Nokia Maps or HERE offers street views of Oslo.
- Poland: CycloMedia offers a charged service providing street views of Warsaw on pixel level with 10 cm accuracy. Polish website Zumi.pl offers street view for different cities in the country.
- Romania: NORC (now defunct).
- Russia: Russia's largest search engine Yandex launched street view on September 9, 2009 maps.yandex.ru and maps.yandex.com. Street Panoramas at Yandex work for Moscow, and more than 150 other cities in Russia. Yandex has also the street view of the entire motorway Moscow-Saint Petersburg. Also Yandex offers balloon view for Saint Petersburg. Regional portals for ru09.ru have street views for Tomsk, Novosibirsk and Sochi.
- Spain: HERE/Yahoo! Maps offers street views of Madrid and Barcelona. Bing Maps offers street views for some cities.
- Sweden: EGmedia.se and CycloMedia Technology BV offers actual street views of the largest cities in Sweden e.g. Göteborg, Stockholm, Gävle and Malmö on pixel level with 10 cm accuracy.
- Switzerland: GlobalVision launched VideoStreetView web-platform in December 2009. The project covers large parts of the country and displays 360° immersive images in full-video motion alongside dynamic maps.
- Turkey: Russian company Yandex offers street view for Ankara, Istanbul, Bursa, İzmit, Kuşadası, Didim and Izmir. In 2014 Antalya, Alanya, Manavgat, Fethiye, Marmaris, Afyonkarahisar and more other locations were added. Also a local service Dunya 360 offers street view for Göynük and some other places. Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality offers street view for Istanbul.
- Ukraine: Russian company Yandex, offers street view for Kiev, Odessa, Dnipropetrovsk, Kharkiv, Donetsk, Pripyat (well-known abandoned city near Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant) and other locations.
- United Kingdom: Nokia Maps offers street views of London. Bing Maps offers street view for London, Liverpool and Manchester. HERE/Yahoo! Maps provides street view of several UK cities. Eye2eye Software has systematically photographed Britain in 360 degree panoramas and stills, publishing the collection as the school resource and home reference Eye2eye Britain.
- Canada: Microsoft's Bing Maps introduced Streetside in December 2009. It features selected areas in Vancouver and Whistler, British Columbia associated with the 2010 Winter Olympic Games.
- United States: CycloMedia has captured street-level imagery of many large metropolitan areas in the US starting in 2013; it is licensed to business and government organizations and not available to the general public. Streetside, EveryScape and MapJack provide street views of some cities. Mapquest had a street view service called 360 View, which was discontinued in August 2011. HERE/Yahoo! Maps and Bing Maps provide street views of many cities across the US. earthmine uses vehicle-mounted camera rigs to capture imagery and three dimensional data of the urban environment.
- Argentina: Two Argentine analogues also exist, one is called Mapplo, which is claimed to be the first street view in Latin America. Fotocalle, another Argentine project, is claimed to be the first street view service in the world to provide HD pictures.
- Chile: Chilean company Publiguías released a service similar to Google's Street View in December 2010 called Street Diving". It currently offers views of Providencia and Santiago communes, with plans to expand it to other communes in the future. XYGO launched a street view service in April 2011 marginally covering seven cities. It now covers over 50 cities and claims to have coverage for 240 communes of Chile, which they will be releasing periodically.
- "Mapillary Legal". www.mapillary.com. Retrieved June 7, 2014.
- "Terms and Conditions of Use". www.openstreetview.org. Retrieved 2016-09-13.
- Whitney, L. (4 April 2013). "Apple aims to outdo Google's Street View". CNET. Retrieved 6 December 2015.
- "SOSO地图". Map.soso.com. Retrieved 2012-04-24.
- Jason Lim (2011-12-27). "Soso Launches StreetView Maps in China, Looks Like Google StreetView". TechNode. Retrieved 2012-04-24.
- "Baidu rolls out a Google Street View clone for China". Tech in Asia.
- Srinivas Kulkarni. "Wonobo beats Google to launch street view maps for India". ZDNet.
- Staff Reporter. "Wonobo draws Google into 'Street' fight". The Hindu.
- "Панорамы Астаны". Panorama.astana.kz. Retrieved 2012-04-24.
- "Daum 지도". Local.daum.net. Archived from the original on July 14, 2012. Retrieved 2012-08-21.
- "MapJack". MapJack. Retrieved August 27, 2010.
- Feinberg, Ashley (21 Jan 2014). "This Is the Closest Thing to a North Korean Google Street View". Gizmodo. Retrieved 30 May 2014.
- "Krak.dk først med gadefoto". Retrieved February 2012. Check date values in:
- Bryan Bishop. "Microsoft removes Bing Maps Streetside service in Germany due to privacy concerns". The Verge. Retrieved 2012-08-21.
- Serban Mihail (1 December 2013). "ştiţi ce se întîmplă cu NORC?". Metropotam.
- Nimani, Çelik. "Lokacion.com, brings Street View to Kosovo". Digjitale.
- "Warszawa i okolice – Zumi.pl – Lokalizator internetowy, baza firm, mapa Polski". Zumi.pl. Retrieved December 11, 2010.
- "Яндекс запустил "Панорамы улиц" Киева". Ain.ua. Retrieved August 27, 2010.
- карты. "Яндекс.Карты". Maps.yandex.ru. Retrieved 2012-04-24.
- "Томск :: Электронная On-Line Карта". tomsk.ru09.ru. Retrieved August 27, 2010.
- "Новосибирск :: ЭЛЕКТРОННАЯ ON-LINE КАРТА". nsk.ru09.ru. Retrieved August 27, 2010.
- "Сочи :: Электронная On-Line Карта". sochi.ru09.ru. Retrieved August 27, 2010.
- "Swiss Company Demos Video Street View". maximumpc.com/. December 18, 2010. Archived from the original on March 24, 2010. Retrieved September 26, 2010.
- "Yandex.Maps is now in Turkey with Panoramas! | Webrazzi Global". En.webrazzi.com. 2011-11-15. Retrieved 2012-04-24.
- "Göynük Belediyesi". Dunya360.com. Retrieved 2012-04-24.
- cyclomedia.com http://www.cyclomedia.com/us/products/imagery/. Missing or empty
- Jarrod Krug · Posted in: Features and Improvements (December 11, 2009). "MapQuest Blog – Street-Level Imagery Comes To MapQuest.com as "360 View"". Blog.mapquest.com. Archived from the original on October 22, 2010. Retrieved December 11, 2010.
- "Mapplo: Primer street view de latinoamerica". Blogs.lanacion.com.ar. Archived from the original on May 24, 2010. Retrieved August 27, 2010.
- Paulita. "Fotocalle: Un Street View argentino con imágenes panorámicas de 50 megapíxels". Dotpod.com.ar. Retrieved August 27, 2010.
- "Publiguías a lo 'Street View': Inaugura sistema de mapas con imágenes reales – Publimetro". Publimetro.cl. Retrieved December 11, 2010.
- Lanzan en Chile nueva alternativa para ver mapas de ciudades con visión en 360°, EMOL, April 15, 2011.
- "Alternativas chilenas a Street View permiten pasear virtualmente por nuestras ciudades" (in Spanish). El Mercurio. 4 September 2011. Retrieved 2012-08-21.