Compost Records is a German record label established by Michael Reinboth in 1993. The label is known for progressive downbeat dance and Nu jazz releases  incorporating influences of bossa nova, techno, and drum n bass. The Future Sounds of Jazz compilation series helped establish the label early in its history. The majority of artists signed to the label are those known to Reinboth personally, from connections in the German downbeat club scene. The label has resisted licencing its catalog to larger labels, instead it sought to develop roster reputations in-house. Reinboth selected the name "Compost" for his label because it translates well among many languages, and felt it denoted a "catalyst for constitution and reactions".
- Fauna Flash
- A Forest Mighty Black
- Kyoto Jazz Massive
- Trüby Trio
- Comer, M. Tye (November 8, 1999). "Compost Records:Top German Downbeat Dance Label Comes to America". CMJ New Music Report. p. 7. Retrieved December 30, 2014.
- Roseberry, Craig (November 23, 2002). "Kyoto Shows 'Spirit' on Compost". Billboard. p. 27.
- Shapiro, Peter (1999). Drum 'n' Bass: The Rough Guide. Rough Guides. p. 256. ISBN 9781858284330.
- Roseberry, Craig (November 6, 1999). "Germany's Compost Fortifies Club Beats". Billboard. p. 37. Retrieved December 30, 2014.
- Sin, Jeong-Won (2014). Du bist, was du hörst: Musiklabels als Wegweiser im digitalen Zeitalter (in German). Campus Verlag. p. 291. ISBN 9783593501031.
- Official site
- Compost owner Michael Reinboth RBMA video lecture session
- solipsistic NATION No. 85: Compost Records Podcast. Interview with Michael Reinboth of Compost Records and a mix of music from the record label.
|This article about a German record label is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|