Computer Systems Institute
|Computer Systems Institute|
|Location||Skokie, Chicago, Elgin, Gurnee, Lombard, Illinois, United States|
Computer Systems Institute (CSI) is a proprietary post-secondary institution in the United States. Founded in 1989 by Ella Zibitsker, its current Chairman of the Board. CSI offers a variety of career programs and certificates in Networking, Healthcare, Business career-oriented disciplines, as well as English Language programs. CSI is Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools to award certificates. ACICS is listed as a nationally recognized accrediting agency by the United States Department of Education and is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation. CSI is also licensed by the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE).
Computer Systems Institute is a proprietary post-secondary institution founded in 1989 by Ella Zibitsker, its current Chairman of the Board. Julia Lowder is the current CEO. CSI offers a variety of career programs and certificates in Networking, Healthcare and Business career-oriented disciplines. As computers starting playing a greater role in careers in both the allied health and business fields, CSI expanded its program offerings to include short certificate and diploma programs targeted to adult professionals employed in or seeking employment in the medical and business industries.
In June 2011, CSI partnered with FORTE Knowledge in order to enhance their IT offerings in the Chicago area.
Since being founded in 1989, CSI has had over 10,000 graduates.
- The main, Skokie campus occupies 12,000 square feet and is located 1/4 mile west of the Edens Expressway and approximately 200 yards north of the Skokie Swift, a major train and bus hub in Cook County, Illinois. Each classroom can seat 10-20 students, has high-speed Internet access and network connections, LCD projector, and a connection to networked printers. For students' safety, the campus is equipped with the security alarm system that is directly connected to the Skokie Police.
- In April 2011, the Elgin campus opened. This campus occupies 26,000 square feet and has 16 computer-equipped classrooms and labs. The Elgin campus is located just off Interstate 90 on Route 31 in Kane County.
- In June 2003, the Gurnee campus opened and then moved to its new location in 2011. The campus is located in Lake County, Illinois near Gurnee Mills indoor mall and Six Flags Great America. Just off of I-294 (a major tollway), the campus occupies 32,000 square feet.
- The Chicago campus is walking distance from Millennium Park and resides on three floors of a high-rise building which is easily accessible via public transportation. The classrooms seat 20-40 students per class.
- The Charlestown Campus is located in the Schrafft Center on Sullivan Square in Charlestown, Massachusetts. The campus is a short walk from the Sullivan train station. The classrooms accommodate up to 40 students. CSI offers 18 hours per week of English classes in writing, grammar, reading, listening, and speaking in this location.
- CSI is an approved training provider in Illinois, Wisconsin, and Indiana for the Workforce Investment Act.
- CSI is approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs to accept GI Bill benefits.
- CSI is authorized (under Federal Law) to enroll non immigrant F-1 and M-1 students.
- CSI is a Microsoft IT Academy member.
CSI offers a variety of career programs in Networking, Healthcare, Business career-oriented disciplines, and English language programs. The student to professor ratio is 20 to 1. Programs emphasize hands-on learning, industry current technologies, and preparation for professional certifications. CSI uses a blended learning methodology for its programs. CSI employs 15 full-time and 43 part- time instructors.
- Healthcare Career Programs
- Networking Career Program
- Business Career Program
- English Language Programs
Tuition and financial aid
Tuition (including fees) for 36 weeks is just under $15,000. The average completion time for each of the three main programs at CSI is 8 months. 97% of attending students receive some type of financial aid. The average amount of federal student loans received is $7,900. In June 2012, the Gurnee school will be taking 14 low-income students to do a free, 32 week program through their school.
- 100% of students who attend CSI are full-time.
- 61% of attendees are female (and 39% are male).
- 70% of students are African American, 11% are of Hispanic descent, and 10% are Caucasian.
- 59% of students are 25 or over.
- 98% of students are from in-state.
- "Academic Catalog, accessed May 21, 2012" (PDF). Retrieved 2012-05-27.
- "National Center for Education Statistics: College Navigator: Computer Systems Institute, accessed May 21, 2012". Nces.ed.gov. 1998-02-04. Retrieved 2012-05-27.
- "About CSI Medical, Business, and Computer Career Training, accessed May 21, 2012". Csinow.edu. 2011-07-11. Retrieved 2012-05-27.
- "FORTE Knowledge Network". forteknowledge.com. Retrieved 11 June 2012.
- "College and University". collegeanduniversity.net. Retrieved 11 June 2012.
- "Computer Systems Institute". skokie.patch.com. Retrieved 11 June 2012.
- "Skokie Campus, accessed May 30, 2012". Csinow.edu. 2011-07-11. Retrieved 2012-05-30.
- "Elgin Campus, accessed May 30, 2012". Csinow.edu. 2011-07-11. Retrieved 2012-05-30.
- "Gurnee Campus, accessed May 30, 2012". Csinow.edu. 2011-07-11. Retrieved 2012-05-30.
- "Chicago Campus, accessed May 30, 2012". Csinow.edu. 2011-07-11. Retrieved 2012-05-30.
- "Charlestown Campus, accessed May 30, 2012". Csinow.edu. 2011-07-11. Retrieved 2012-05-30.
- "Charlestown Branch". directory.bostonherald.com. Retrieved 11 June 2012.
- "IllinoisWorkNet Directory". illinoisworknet.com. Retrieved 11 June 2012.
- "Computer Systems Institute- Skokie, Illinois: Statistics, Costs, Admission, accessed May 31, 2012". colleges.college-scholarships.com. Retrieved 1 June 2012.
- "Elgin CSI Campus Adds 3 New Scholarships for 8-Month Career Programs".
- "Scholarship". www.csinow.edu. Retrieved 12 June 2012.
- "GurneeSchoolSeeks14Low-IncomeStudentsforFreeCareerTraining". www.triblocal.com. Retrieved 12 June 2012.