Computer-aided facility management
||It has been suggested that Computerized maintenance management system be merged into this article. (Discuss) Proposed since February 2013.|
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Computer-Aided Facility Management (CAFM) is the support of facility management by information technology. The supply of information about the facilities is the center of attention. The tools of the CAFM are called CAFM software, CAFM applications or CAFM systems.
Enterprise Strategy: the evolution of CAFM
The International Facility Management Association (IFMA) defines facility management as the practice of coordinating the physical workplace with the people and work of the organization. It integrates the principles of business administration, architecture and the behavioral and engineering sciences. As such, facility management has been practiced, whether specifically identified as its own discipline or not, since the inception of the business organization. It has evolved over the years through the development and codification of processes into a clearly defined field of expertise.
CAFM refers to Computer Aided Facility Management - which means software and systems that enable facility managers to increase the utilisation of space and facilities, reduce office/building moves and reallocations, plan preventative maintenance, efficiently execute reactive maintenance, standardise services, and streamline processes. Ultimately, information from CAFM software allows managers to improve longterm planning of real estate, space, facilities, maintenance, and service requirements against budgets to ensure alignment with core business needs.
- Integrated Workplace Management System
- Building Information Modeling
- Computerized Maintenance Management System
- Property management system
- ROSMIMAN IWMS: Facility Management, Real Estate and Smart Cities solutions
- IMSWARE.CAFM: Computer Aided Facility Management Software
- International Facility Management Association. "What is FM". Retrieved January 21, 2011.
- "What is Computer Aided Facility Management (CAFM) software?". Retrieved October 21, 2014.