From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Computer system (disambiguation))
|Look up System, system, or systém in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
The term system may refer to:
- System, a set of entities, real or abstract, comprising a whole
- Meta-system, something composed of multiple smaller systems
In natural sciences
- Systems science, an interdisciplinary field that studies the nature of complex systems in nature, society, and science
- Physical system, the portion of the physical universe chosen for analysis
- Planetary system, e.g., the Solar System
- Ecosystem, an entity comprising a large number of organisms and their environment
- Biological system, a group of organs
- System (stratigraphy), a unit of the geologic record of a rock column
- Linguistic system, a conception of linguistics in the tradition of linguists such as Ferdinand de Saussure, J. R. Firth, Louis Hjelmslev, Michael Halliday, Ruqaiya Hasan, Jay Lemke
In information technology
- Computer system, the combination of hardware and software which forms a complete, working computer. Computer systems will include the computer alongside any software (example: operating system, BIOS) and peripheral devices that are necessary to make the computer function.
- system, a function in the C Standard Library used to execute subprocesses and commands
- System (typeface), a raster font packaged with Microsoft Windows
- The Apple Macintosh operating system versions 1 through 7 were known as "System 1" through "System 7", respectively; hence these OS versions may simply be called (the) System.
- System (Seal album), a 2007 album by Seal
- "System", a song by Jonathan Davis on his 2007 album Alone I Play
- "System", a song by Labelle on their 2008 album Back to Now
- Danish electronic trio "System", consisting of Anders Remmer, Jesper Skaaning & Thomas Knak.
- American rock band System of a Down, also known simply as "System".
- System (journal), a scientific journal devoted to the applications of educational technology and applied linguistics to problems of foreign language teaching and learning.
|This article has not been added to any categories. Please help out by adding categories to it so that it can be listed with similar articles. (July 2015)|