This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
|Owner||Publicly listed company|
Number of employees
The company currently has offices in 20 countries, including Australia, the United Kingdom, Ireland, the United States, Canada, the Channel Islands, South Africa, Hong Kong, New Zealand, Germany, and Denmark.
In 1997, the Australian-based Computershare expanded its registry business to include financial markets in New Zealand and the United Kingdom and acquired the Royal Bank of Scotland's registrar department. In subsequent years, it expanded its business into Ireland, South Africa, and Hong Kong. In 2004, Computershare acquired the stock transfer sectors of Harris Bank and Montreal Trust and purchased the German-based Pepper Technologies AG. Since 2004, Computershare has acquired registry companies in Russia and India.
In July 2007, Computershare acquired Datacare Software Group and its products GCM and Boardworks. Currently known as Computershare Governance Services and its main product GEMS.
In February 2008, Computershare announced a cash takeover offer for Australian mailhouse group QM Technologies Limited.
In September 2008, Computershare bought Lichfield based Childcare Voucher Services business called Busy Bees. The name has been re-branded to Computershare Voucher Services or CVS.
In February 2010, Computershare acquired HBOS Employee Equity Solutions from Lloyds Banking Group for a sum of around £40m.
In June 2013, Computershare Limited completed the acquisition of the EMEA–based portion of Morgan Stanley's Global Stock Plan Services business.
On 12 November 2018, it completed acquisition of Equatex Group Holding AG, formerly European shares plan business of UBS. The deal was announced on 16 May 2018. All 220+ employees are expected transfer to Computershare as part of the acquisition.
On March 23, 2021, Computershare acquired Wells Fargo Corporate Trust business for $750 million.
Computershare primarily provides stock registration and transfer services to companies listed on stock markets, but also offers technology services for stock exchanges, investor services for shareholders and employee share plan management.
- "Our story".
- Computershare – About Computershare – Company History
- "Computershare develops a taste for Pepper". Fairfax. 4 February 2004.
- "Computershare acquires US company". The Sydney Morning Herald. 21 October 2004. Retrieved 8 September 2020.
- "National Bank History". National Bank of Canada. 2008.
- "Datacare Acquisition" (PDF). Computershare. Archived (PDF) from the original on 21 March 2012.
- "Computershare says QMT bid unconditional". The Sydney Mornin Herald. 2 April 2008. Retrieved 27 March 2017.
- "Computershare Voucher Services: Parent Information Pack" (PDF). Computershare. Archived (PDF) from the original on 23 April 2021. Retrieved 8 September 2020.
- "Computershare Acquires HBOS Employee Equity Solutions | Mergr". mergr.com. Retrieved 8 September 2020.
- "Computershare Gets BNY Mellon Deal Approval". The Wall Street Journal. 7 November 2011.
- "Computershare to Acquire Morgan Stanley's EMEA Shares Business 03-2013". GEO. 11 August 2015. Retrieved 8 September 2020.
- "Central Bank fines investor services firm Computershare €322,500". The Irish Examiner. 18 December 2015.
- "CPU completes Equatex acquisition" (PDF).
- "Computershare to buy Equatex – a European share plans business" (PDF).
- "Wells Fargo Enters Agreement with Computershare to Sell Wells Fargo Corporate Trust Services". www.businesswire.com. 23 March 2021. Retrieved 12 May 2021.
- "Deposit Protection Service launch insured scheme - Property118". Property118. 4 April 2013. Retrieved 5 September 2018.