This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Traded as||ASX: CPU|
|Owner||Publicly listed company|
The company currently has offices in 20 countries, including Australia, the United Kingdom, Ireland, the United States, Canada, the Channel Islands, South Africa, Hong Kong, New Zealand, Germany, and Denmark.
In 1997, the Australian-based Computershare expanded its registry business to include financial markets in New Zealand and the United Kingdom and acquired the Royal Bank of Scotland's registrar department. In subsequent years, it expanded its business into Ireland, South Africa, and Hong Kong. In 2004, Computershare acquired the stock transfer sectors of Harris Bank and Montreal Trust and purchased the German-based Pepper Technologies AG. Since 2004, Computershare has acquired registry companies in Russia and India.
In 2005, it acquired Equiserve.
In July 2007, Computershare acquired Datacare Software Group and its products GCM and Boardworks. Currently known as Computershare Governance Services and its main product GEMS.
In February 2008, Computershare announced a cash takeover offer for Australian mailhouse group QM Technologies Limited.
In September 2008, Computershare bought Lichfield based Childcare Voucher Services business called Busy Bees. The name has been re-branded to Computershare Voucher Services or CVS.
In February 2010, Computershare acquired HBOS Employee Equity Solutions from Lloyds Banking Group for a sum of around £40m.
In June 2013, Computershare Limited completed the acquisition of the EMEA–based portion of Morgan Stanley’s Global Stock Plan Services business.
Computershare primarily provides stock registration and transfer services to companies listed on stock markets, but also offers technology services for stock exchanges, investor services for shareholders and employee share plan management.
- Computershare - About Computershare - Company History
- "Computershare develops a taste for Pepper". Fairfax. February 4, 2004.
- "National Bank History". National Bank of Canada. 2008.
- "Computershare says QMT bid unconditional". The Sydney Morning Herald. 2008-04-02. Retrieved 2017-03-27.
- "Computershare Gets BNY Mellon Deal Approval". Wall Street Journal. November 7, 2011.
- "Central Bank fines investor services firm Computershare €322,500". The Irish Examiner. December 18, 2015.
- "Deposit Protection Service launch insured scheme - Property118". Property118. 2013-04-04. Retrieved 2018-09-05.