|Look up comte, compte, or comté in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Comte is the French, Catalan and Occitan form of the word 'count' (Latin: comes); comté is the Gallo-Romance form of the word 'county' (Latin: comitatus).
Comte or Comté may refer to:
- a count in French, from Latin comes
- A county in France, that is, the territory ruled by a count
- La Comté, a commune in the Pas-de-Calais département of France
- Comté cheese, a French cheese from Franche-Comté
People with the surname
- Alfred Comte (1895–1965), Swiss aviation pioneer
- Auguste Comte (1798–1857), French philosopher
- Charles Comte (1782–1837), French lawyer, journalist and political writer
- Claudine le Comte (born 1950), Belgian fencer
- Louis Comte (1788–1859), French magician
- Pere Compte (died 1506), Spanish Catalan architect
- Raphaël Comte (born 1979), Swiss politician
- All pages beginning with "Comte"
- Vicomte, the French equivalent of a viscount
- Franche-Comté, a traditional province of eastern France
- Conde (disambiguation) (Spanish, Portuguese and Galician term for "Count")
- Conte (disambiguation) (Italian term for "Count")
- Le Compte
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Comte.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.