Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up comte, compte, or comté in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Comte is the French, Catalan and Occitan form of the word 'count' (Latin: comes); comté is the Gallo-Romance form of the word 'county' (Latin: comitatus).
Comte or Comté may refer to:
- a count in French, from Latin comes
- A county in France, that is, the territory ruled by a count
- La Comté, a commune in the Pas-de-Calais département of France
- Comté cheese, a French cheese from Franche-Comté
People with the surname
- Alfred Comte (1895–1965), Swiss aviation pioneer
- Auguste Comte (1798–1857), French philosopher
- Charles Comte (1782–1837), French lawyer, journalist and political writer
- Claudine le Comte (born 1950), Belgian fencer
- Louis Comte (1788–1859), French magician
- Pere Compte (died 1506), Spanish Catalan architect
- Raphaël Comte (born 1979), Swiss politician
- All pages with titles beginning with Comte
- Vicomte, the French equivalent of a viscount
- Franche-Comté, a traditional province of eastern France
- Conde (disambiguation) (Spanish, Portuguese and Galician term for "Count")
- Conte (disambiguation) (Italian term for "Count")
- Le Compte
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Comte.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.