Design and development
Similar in configuration to the company's earlier Comte AC-4, the Comte AC-8 was designed as a light transport for five passengers. It incorporated a braced high-wing monoplane wing, with a conventional tail unit and fixed tailwheel landing gear. The enclosed cabin had accommodation for a pilot and five passengers. The aircraft was powered by either a Wright J-6 or Lorraine radial engine.
Only three aircraft were built.
- Crew: 1
- Capacity: 5
- Length: 9.2 m (30 ft 2¼ in)
- Wingspan: 14.5 m (47 ft 6¾ in)
- Height: 2.9 m (9 ft 6 in)
- Wing area: 28 m2 (301.4 ft2)
- Empty weight: 1115 kg (2,458 lb)
- Gross weight: 1750 kg (3,858 lb)
- Powerplant: 1 × Wright J-6 radial piston engine, 224 kW (300 hp)
- Maximum speed: 214 km/h (133 mph)
- Range: 900 km (559 miles)
- Service ceiling: 5000 m (16,405 ft)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Comte aircraft.|
- The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Aircraft (Part Work 1982-1985). Orbis Publishing.