|Headquarters||Wakefield, Massachusetts, United States|
|Pardeep Kohli (President and CEO)|
|Products||Mobile Operator Messaging Infrastructure - SMS, MMS (2G / 3G - SS7), RCS, Advanced Communications and Messaging as a Platform (MaaP), Security & Signaling Control, Voicemail, VAS & Low Credit Services|
Number of employees
Xura, Inc. (NASDAQ: MESG) is a technology company headquartered in Wakefield, Massachusetts, in the United States, that offers a portfolio of digital services that enable global communications across a variety of mobile devices and platforms. Xura markets and sells to communications service providers (CSPs) and to enterprises.
In August 2012, a series of transactions were announced that would end Comverse Technology as a functioning entity, by making Comverse Network Systems an independent company once again known simply as Comverse, allowing Verint Systems (the former Comverse Infosys) to buy back Comverse Technology's majority stake in it, and selling off other subsidiaries. Philippe Tartavull was named as the CEO of the independent Comverse, and continues to be President and CO of Xura, Inc.
These transactions were completed by February 4, 2013, and represented the effective liquidation of the Comverse Technology holding entity and the emergence of Comverse, Inc. as a fully independent company.
History as an independent company
During June 2015 Comverse divested its BSS business to Amdocs. In August 2015 Comverse announced it had completed the previously-announced acquisition of Acision, a privately held firm that specialized in secure mobile messaging and engagement services.
On May 23, 2016, Xura announced an agreement to be acquired by affiliates of Siris Capital Group for $25.00 per share in an all-cash deal valued at approximately $643 million. This transaction was closed on August 19, 2016, when the acquisition completed taking Xura, Inc. from public to privately backed by affiliates of Siris Capital Group, LLC.
The transaction saw Hubert de Pesquidoux, a Siris Capital Executive Partner, take the role as Xura’s new Executive Chairman.
On December 19, 2016, affiliates of Xura entered into agreements to acquire Mitel Mobility, a division of Mitel Networks Corporation ("Mitel", Nasdaq: MITL, TSX: MNW) for $385m, and Ranzure Networks, Inc. ("Ranzure"), an early-stage venture focused on developing 5G Cloud Radio Access Network ("RAN") technology, for an undisclosed sum.
Products and services
Xura's products and solutions fall into two categories:
- Digital Communications:
- Mobile Operator Messaging Infrastructure – SMS, MMS (2G / 3G – SS7), RCS, Advanced Communications and Messaging as a Platform (MaaP)
- Spam and Fraud Solutions
- Network Signaling Solutions (SS7 and Diameter Security) Management Solutions
- Secure SMS and IP Messaging solutions
- Diameter Routing Agent
- Telco-Web Communication Gateways
- Low Credit Services
- Advanced Value Added Services
Over the years, Comverse (now known as Xura, Inc) has won a number of awards within its industry, including:
- 2015 – Comverse Receives 2015 WebRTC Product of the Year Award
- 2014 – Pipeline's COMET (Communication and Entertainment) Innovation Award to Comverse Evolved Communication Suite (ECS)
- 2014 – Technology Marketing Corporation's Communications Solutions Product of the Year Award: Comverse ONE BSS
- 2014 – Technology Marketing Corporation's Communications Solutions Product of the Year Award: Comverse Evolved Communication Suite (ECS)
- 2012, 2013, 2014 – Gartner’s Leaders Quadrant: Comverse ONE BSS
- 2012, 2013 – International Business Awards (Stevie): Best New Product or Service of the Year Awards (DMM Policy Studio, Analytics)
- 2012 – Broadband Traffic Management (BBTM) Congress’s Best Integration of Traffic Management into OSS/BSS Architectures & Best Real-Time Charging Platforms for Customers
- 2012 – Frost & Sullivan Stratecast’s Billing Global Product Line Strategy Award
- 2010 – Virgo Publishing's Excellence Award for Best Cost Management Implementation
- 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 – Technology Marketing Corporation's Internet Telephony BSS/OSS Excellence Award
- 2007 – Technology Marketing Corporation's Internet Telephony Excellence Award
- 2007 – International Engineering Consortium's InfoVision Awards for Best New Product
- 2007 – Technology Marketing Corporation's IMS Leadership Award
- 2007 – International Engineering Consortium's Best VoIP Product or Service Award
- 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 – Frost and Sullivan's Telecom BSS Vendor of the Year Award
- 2004 – CDMA Development Group's Innovative Solutions Award
- "Company Profile for Comverse Inc". Reuters. Retrieved January 30, 2014.
- "Verint to buy Comverse Technology". Reuters. 13 August 2012.
- Ron Steinblatt (7 February 2013). "Verint completes separation from Comverse". Globes.
- "Comverse Technology, Inc. – Investor Relations". Comverse Technology. Retrieved 29 January 2014.
- "CNSI Income Statement". Yahoo! Finance. Retrieved 31 December 2013.
- "Comverse Completes Acquisition of Acision, Creating a Leader in Digital Communication Services". Comverse Inc. Retrieved 6 August 2015.
- "Xura Announces Agreement to be Acquired by Affiliates of [http://www.siriscapital.com/ Siris Capital Group] for $25.00 per share in an All-Cash Deal Valued at Approximately $643 million". Yahoo Finance. Retrieved 2016-05-24. External link in
- "Xura buys Mitel Mobility for $385m". Globes English. Retrieved 20 December 2016.
- "Comverse Wins Billing & OSS World's Excellence Award For Best Cost Management Implementation" (Press release). TheStreet.com. 13 July 2010.
- "Markets in Brief". Haaretz. 11 December 2009.
- "Comverse Wins Internet Telephony BSS/OSS Excellence Award" (Press release). MarketWatch. 6 July 2011.
- "Comverse Receives a 2007 Internet Telephony Excellence Award" (Press release). Smart Grid. 17 September 2007.
- "Comverse Converged Billing Suite bags InfoVision Award 2007". Moneycontrol.com. 28 June 2007.
- "Comverse Receives 2007 IMS Leadership Award from IMS Magazine" (Press release). Business Wire. 19 June 2007.
- "Comverse wins industry award". Boston.com. 17 April 2007.
- "Frost and Sullivan Choose Comverse as Telecom BSS Vendor of the Year" (Press release). Frost and Sullivan. 15 June 2009. Archived from the original on 1 January 2014.
- Galitzine, Greg (29 May 2008). "Comverse Nabs Industry Award Fourth Year in a Row". Technology Marketing Corporation.
- "Comverse MMSC Recognized With 3G CDMA Industry Achievement Award" (Press release). Business Wire. 29 September 2004.