Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up concave or concavity in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Concave means curving in or hollowed inward, as opposed to convex.
Concave may refer to:
- Some authors use the term concave set for a non-convex set, thus as opposite to a convex set. This is not generally acknowledged. A convex set is a subset of an affine space closed under convex combinations; a region where any two points may be joined by a straight line lying entirely within the region.
- Concave function, sometimes called "concave downward" or "convex upward", a function where the line segment between any two points on the graph of the function lies below or on the graph; the negative of a convex function (aka "convex downward" or "concave upwards")
- Concave polygon, a polygon which is not convex
- Concave (company), a sports footwear company
- Convex (disambiguation), the opposite of concave
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Concave.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.