Conceição da Barra
Conceição da Barra
|The Municipality of Conceição da Barra|
Main church of Conceição da Barra
Location of Conceição da Barra in the State of Espírito Santo
|Founded||October 6, 1891|
|• Mayor||Francisco Vervloet (PSDB)|
|• Total||1,188.044 km2 (458.706 sq mi)|
|Elevation||3 m (10 ft)|
|• Density||24.9/km2 (64/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC-3 (UTC-3)|
|HDI (2000)||0.688 – medium|
Coordinates: Conceição da Barra is the easternmost municipality in the Brazilian state of Espírito Santo. The city is also the northernmost coastal city of the state. Its population was 27,029 (2008) and its area is 1,188.044 km².
The municipality contains the 3,481 hectares (8,600 acres) Itaúnas State Park, created in 1991, which protects the coast up to the border with Bahia. It contains the 2,817 hectares (6,960 acres) Rio Preto National Forest. It contains part of the 1,503.75 hectares (3,715.8 acres) Córrego Grande Biological Reserve.
The climate is tropical, warm and mostly humid, with one or two dry months. Average annual temperature is 22 to 24 °C (72 to 75 °F), and average annual rainfall is 1,250 to 1,500 millimetres (49 to 59 in).
- IBGE - "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2008-06-11. Retrieved 2008-06-11.
- IBGE 2008 statistics
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2009-10-03. Retrieved 2009-12-17. UNDP
- Parque Estadual de Itaúnas (in Portuguese), IEMA: Instituto Estadual de Meio Ambiente e Recursos Hídricos, retrieved 2016-10-27
- Unidade de Conservação: Floresta Nacional de Rio Preto (in Portuguese), MMA: Ministério do Meio Ambiente, retrieved 2016-05-20
- "Reserva Biológica do Córrego Grande", Viarural (in Portuguese), retrieved 2016-04-15
|Wikivoyage has a travel guide for Conceição da Barra.|
|This geographical article relating to Espírito Santo is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|