Concentrix Solar GmbH is a German solar power company based in Freiburg, specialized in concentrated photovoltaics (CPV) technology. In December 2009, Concentrix Solar was acquired by the French Soitec Group.
It was founded in 2005, as a spin-off company of the Fraunhofer Institute for Solar Energy Systems ISE. Concentrix Solar builds large concentrator solar power plants suitable for sunny areas. In 2007, Concentrix Solar was awarded the Innovation Award of the German Economy for its CPV technology. From February 2006 to December 2009, the investment company Good Energies was invested in Concentrix Solar. Abengoa Solar was an investor of Concentrix Solar from November 2007 to December 2009.
Concentrix concentrated photovoltaics(CPV) modules bundle sunlight up to 500 times with the use of fresnel lenses and focus it on III-V based Triple-junction solar cells (GaInP/GaInAs/Ge), which then convert the light into electrical energy. To ensure that the sunlight is concentrated precisely on the solar cell the CPV modules are installed on a two-axis sun tracking system. With its CPV technology Concentrix Solar achieves a module efficiency of 27%.
- "Soitec expands into the fast growing solar energy market with the acquisition [sic] of Concentrix Solar". Retrieved 2009-12-12.
- "Concentrix Solar: Company". Retrieved 2008-12-03.
- "Innovationspreis der Deutschen Wirtschaft". Retrieved 2008-12-03.
- "Investment Portfolio – Good Energies". Retrieved 2008-12-03.
- "Concentrix Solar: Combining existing expertise for new energy". Retrieved 2008-12-03.
- "Concentrix Solar: High Performance Cells". Retrieved 2008-12-03.
- "Innovationspreis der Deutschen Wirtschaft 2007 Finalisten". Archived from the original on May 13, 2008. Retrieved 2008-12-03.
- "Concentrix Solar: Tracking System". Retrieved 2008-12-03.
- "Concentrix Solar: Concentrator Modules". Retrieved 2008-12-03.