|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (January 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Concern Universal is the International Development and Emergency Relief organisation which works with people in some of the poorest countries of the world to find local, sustainable solutions to poverty & inequality.
Concern Universal was founded in 1976 by a group of volunteers who had been working in developing countries in the late 1960s and early 1970s. Important influences upon the founding members were first hand experience of the suffering they saw and social movements that encouraged engagement in the struggles of the poor.
Concern Universal is an established development and emergency relief organisation. It supports a wide range of projects that serve to improve the lives of people living in some of the world’s poorest communities.
Examples of work
- Establishing safe water points and training village water user associations to maintain and manage these in Malawi, Kenya, Nigeria and Bangladesh
- Providing emergency humanitarian relief to victims of conflict and famine in Guinea and Malawi
- Adult literacy and basic education training with children and adolescents in Colombia, Brazil and Bangladesh
- Supporting children at risk and promoting child rights in Brazil, Colombia and Bangladesh
- Developing water and sanitation improvement strategies in Kenya and Nigeria
- and other
- "Business partner: Ve Interactive and Concern Universal". Third Sector. 17 December 2012. Retrieved 10 March 2014.
|This article about an international organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|