Concerned Citizens Party
|This section does not cite any sources. (November 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The Concerned Citizens Party was the Connecticut affiliate of the Constitution Party. The party's name is related to ballot access issues in Connecticut which had made it advantageous for the group to retain a name differing from the national organization with which they are affiliated. It was founded by Joe Zdonczyk and pre-dates the founding of Constitution Party having been founded in the mid-1970s .
The Concerned Citizens Party disbanded on April 10, 2013.
- opposed to abortion, euthanasia and assisted suicide and will not support candidates who support these views "without exception."
- environmental policies "must first take into account the inherent dignity and supreme value of humans."
- opposes income taxes.
- supports homeschooling.
2006 statewide candidates
- Joseph A. Zdonczyk, Governor
Richard D Gregory, U.S.Senate
- Jose Garcia, Lieutenant Governor
- Timothy Knibbs, US Senate
- Jean Marie Burness, Secretary of the State
- Mimi Knibbs, State Treasurer
2006 State Assembly candidates
- Stanley Wosczyna, 24th State Assembly District
- Robert Gorgonlione, 49th State Assembly District
- Richard Shuley, 66th State Assembly District
- Justin Ruggiers, 75th State Assembly District
- Rosita Rodrigez, 80th State Assembly District
- Nicholas Piccolo, 81st State Assembly District
|This article about a United States political party is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|