|Location||1451 Oakland Avenue|
|Owned by||San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit District|
|Platforms||1 island platform|
|Bicycle facilities||40 lockers|
|Architect||Gwathmey, Sellier & Crosby|
Joseph Esherick & Associates
|Opened||May 21, 1973|
|2023||2,551 (weekday average)|
Concord station is a Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) station in Concord, California. The station is located between the downtown business district to the west and residential neighborhoods to the east. Concord station has a single elevated island platform.
The station opened as the eastern terminus station of the BART system on May 21, 1973. The station remained a terminus until the line was extended to North Concord/Martinez station in December 1995 and to Pittsburg/Bay Point station a year later.
Thirteen BART stations, including Concord, did not originally have faregates for passengers using the elevator. In 2020, BART started a project to add faregates to elevators at these stations. The new faregate in the lobby area of Concord station was installed in October 2020.
Concord is a major terminal for County Connection local bus routes:
- Weekday routes: 10, 11, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19, 20, 28, 91X, 260
- Weekend routes: 310, 311, 314, 315, 320
The station is also served by Tri-Delta Transit route 201 and a special-event shuttle to the Concord Pavilion. Buses stop on the west side of the station; most routes stop at a two-lane busway north of the station entrance, while several routes stop to the south.
- Cerny, Susan Dinkelspiel (2007). An Architectural Guidebook to San Francisco and the Bay Area (1st ed.). Layton, UT: Gibbs Smith. pp. 501–502. ISBN 978-1-58685-432-4. OCLC 85623396.
- "BART Chronology January 1947 – March 2009" (PDF). San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit District. March 2009. Archived from the original (PDF) on October 13, 2013.
- "Monthly Ridership Reports". San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit District. September 2023.
- Weinstein, Dave. "How BART got ART". CA-Modern. Eichler Network. p. 2.
- "New Fare Gates & Station Hardening". San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit District. July 2023. Archived from the original on September 4, 2023.
- "Directions". Concord Pavilion.
- "Going to the Concord Pavilion? Consider carpooling or taking BART". East Bay Times. July 23, 2015.
- "Transit Stops: Concord Station" (PDF). Metropolitan Transportation Commission. January 24, 2019.
Media related to Concord station (BART) at Wikimedia Commons