|Origin||Auckland, New Zealand|
|Genres||Drum and bass|
|Members||Matt Harvey (1998-present)
Evan Short (1998-2010)
Concord Dawn, is a New Zealand drum and bass group, active since mid-1999. It consists of Matt Harvey (aka Matty C) and Evan Short (aka Kiljoy). They were courted by local electronic music label Kog Transmissions and released their first album, Concord Dawn, in July 2000.
After touring the album throughout New Zealand, they released their second album Disturbance in April 2001 and received "Best Electronic Album" and "Best Independent Release" at the 2001 bNet Music Awards. Following this they started working on their third album: Uprising. Tracks like "Morning Light" and "Don’t Tell Me" found very high international acclaim well before the album’s release. Uprising was released in New Zealand in September 2003 and reached gold sales status in three months, going on to eventually reach platinum sales in New Zealand.
Concord Dawn have become established internationally and their catalog is distributed worldwide. They went off on a world tour, traveling through the United States, Canada, Europe, Asia and Australia. At the 2003 bNet music awards, the song "Morning Light" won "Best Song" and "Most Radio Play". At the 2004 bNet music awards, Uprising received "Best Album" and "Best Electronic Release". Concord Dawn were nominated for "Best Electronic Act" at the 2004 New Zealand music awards.
Work on their long-awaited fourth album was completed in early 2005 and was titled Chaos by Design by the two to express the album’s musically eclectic nature. The album and singles won critical acclaim worldwide with various tracks off the albums being signed to some big and respected drum and bass labels such as Metalheadz, Ram Records and Hospital Records.
Concord Dawn were nominated for "Best Tech DJ", "Best International Act" and "Best Producer" at the 2009 UK Drum and Bass Awards. Chaos by Design achieved Gold sales status in New Zealand. Concord Dawn have two of the top 20 selling records of all time at www.chemical-records.co.uk, "Dont Tell Me" and "Morning Light", which were released on Timeless Records.
Concord Dawn's live sets are well regarded as encompassing the full spectrum of drum and bass music, and this has seen constant tours and performances in Europe, Russia, Australasia, Asia and North America since the turn of the century.
Concord Dawn now only features member Matt Harvey, Evan Short left the group for reasons unknown. Following after his departure was The Enemy Within LP in 2010. The first solo Concord Dawn EP entitled The Race to Zero EP was released in 2011 (also titled The Race To Zero Volume 1 on 5 September 2011). The Wipeout EP featuring New Zealand's TREi was released in early 2012 
|2000||Concord Dawn||Kog Transmissions, Low Profile||-||KOG1015, LOW001|
|2006||Chaos by Design||7||RISE009CD|
|2010||The Enemy Within||13||RISECD03|
|2011||The Race to Zero EP|
|2012||Air Chrysalis LP|
|2002||In2Deep||"Bad Bones"||Deep Needs Audio (DNA)||Various||DNACD02|
|2004||...What Price Will You Pay? Vol.1||"Take Me Away" (original mix)||Commercial Suicide||Klute||SUICIDE CD002|
|The Dungeonmaster's Guide||"Take Me Away" (Ill Skillz remix)||Human Imprint Recordings||Dieselboy||HUMA8012|
- IMO Records "Concord Dawn Biography", IMO Records, London, 21 October 2011. Retrieved on 23 November 2011.
- Concord Dawn Biography. Concord Dawn Biography - The IMO Records Blog, IMO Records, Retrieved on 2 Dec 2011.
- Fast Forward and Rewind Concord Dawn - Race To Zero (EP)
- Concord Dawn - The Enemy Within, Album and Tour | Amplifier NZ Music
- iTunes - Music - The Race to Zero - EP by Concord Dawn
- Wipeout EP [Uprising Records] :: Beatport
- VNZMA Winners 2012 « Vodafone New Zealand Music Awards
- "Concord Dawn – Moonlighting (Ft. Tali) (Official Video)". UKF. Retrieved 26 June 2014.
- The Race To Zero EP [Uprising Records] :: Beatport
- Concord Dawn - Air Chrysalis LP - free download WHAT by Concord Dawn on SoundCloud - Hear the world’s sounds
- Amplifier.co.nz - Concord Dawn
- Muzic.net.nz - Concord Dawn
- Concord Dawn's MySpace profile
- Concord Dawn's Biography
- Concord Dawn discography at Discogs
- Concord Dawn at Rolldabeats