Concord High School (Indiana)
|Concord High School|
|59117 Minuteman Way
Elkhart, Indiana 46517
|Type||Public high school|
|School district||Concord Community Schools|
Concord's music department includes several choirs, a string orchestra, a dance team, two jazz bands, three concert bands, one of the largest pep bands in the area, and a championship marching band.
The marching band is known as the Concord Marching Minutemen. Since the inception of the ISSMA marching band state finals in 1983, the band has only failed to qualify for the state championship once, in 2000. The band holds ISSMA Class B state championship titles from 1992, 2003, 2005, 2011 and 2015 The book "American Band" by Kristen Laine follows the Marching Minutemen through their 2004 state runner-up season.
Concord High School offers various sports, including football, cross country, golf, tennis, soccer, basketball, wrestling, swimming, track and field, baseball, lacrosse, and hockey for boys, and volleyball, cross country, soccer, tennis, cheerleading, swimming, track and field, softball, and lacrosse for girls.
Concord's athletic teams compete in the Northern Lakes Conference and in the 5A classification, competing in Sectional 10 in football and Sectional 4 in all other class sports.
Concord won state titles in boys' gymnastics in 1964, 1965, and 1966.
Concord's drama department produces a straight play and a musical in November and March, respectively, held in the Beickman Performing Arts Center.
- Dairese Gary, Former NCAA basketball player for the New Mexico Lobos men's basketball team
- Shawn Kemp, Former NBA basketball player for the Seattle SuperSonics, Cleveland Cavaliers, Portland Trail Blazers and Orlando Magic.
- Jason Spriggs, offensive lineman in the National Football League, selected by the Green Bay Packers in the 2nd round of the 2016 NFL Draft
- "Concord Community High School (1715)". http://compass.doe.in.gov/. IDOE. Retrieved 25 January 2015. External link in
- Home page. Concord High School. Retrieved on December 6, 2016. "59117 Minuteman Way, Elkhart IN 46517"
- "2010 CENSUS - CENSUS BLOCK MAP: Dunlap CDP, IN." U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on December 6, 2016.
- "SCHOOL DISTRICT REFERENCE MAP (2010 CENSUS): Elkhart County, IN." U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on December 6, 2016.
- Loh, Katrina (10 February 2009). "Obama Pushes Stimulus Package in Elkhart". Indiana Daily Student. Retrieved 2009-02-27.
- Cheatham, Kelli (6 August 2008). "Obama focuses on energy, economy at Elkhart town hall meeting". WSBT TV. Archived from the original on December 2, 2008. Retrieved 2009-02-27.
- Concord Music Department Home Page
- Indianafieldbands.com: ISSMA Class B
- American Band by Kristen Laine
- Kelli Cheatham (2007-11-22). "Concord High School Band in Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade". CBS 22 WSBT. Archived from the original on November 24, 2007. Retrieved 2009-05-13.
- Conn-Selmer, Inc. All American Schools
- Concord High School
- Indiana High School Athletic Association state champions list