Concord Township, Fayette County, Ohio
|Concord Township, Fayette County, Ohio|
Countryside in Concord Township
Location of Concord Township in Fayette County
|• Total||28.73 sq mi (74.40 km2)|
|• Land||28.71 sq mi (74.35 km2)|
|• Water||0.02 sq mi (0.06 km2)|
|Elevation||1,017 ft (310 m)|
|• Density||31/sq mi (12.1/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086086|
Located in the southwestern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Jasper Township - north
- Union Township - northeast
- Perry Township - southeast
- Green Township - south
- Wayne Township, Clinton County - southwest
- Richland Township, Clinton County - northwest
No municipalities are located in Concord Township.
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Census Summary File 1 (G001), Concord township, Fayette County, Ohio". American FactFinder. U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved June 30, 2016.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.