Concord Township, Highland County, Ohio
|Concord Township, Highland County, Ohio|
The Samuel Lyle Log House on Pondlick Road
Location of Concord Township in Highland County
|• Total||33.7 sq mi (87.2 km2)|
|• Land||33.7 sq mi (87.2 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||1,053 ft (321 m)|
|• Density||42/sq mi (16.2/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086301|
Located in the southern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- New Market Township - north
- Washington Township - northeast
- Jackson Township - east
- Scott Township, Adams County - southeast
- Winchester Township, Adams County - south
- Eagle Township, Brown County - southwest
- Whiteoak Township - west
No municipalities are located in Concord Township.
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Census Summary File 1 (G001): Concord township, Highland County, Ohio". American Factfinder. U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved January 3, 2018.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.