Concord Township, Miami County, Ohio
|Concord Township, Miami County, Ohio|
Aerial view of Troy and Concord Township
Location of Concord Township in Miami County
|• Total||36.3 sq mi (94.1 km2)|
|• Land||36.2 sq mi (93.7 km2)|
|• Water||0.1 sq mi (0.3 km2)|
|Elevation||830 ft (253 m)|
|• Density||755.3/sq mi (291.6/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086636|
Concord Township is one of the twelve townships of Miami County, Ohio, United States. The 2000 census found 27,335 people in the township, 5,336 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the central part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Washington Township - north
- Staunton Township - east
- Monroe Township - south
- Union Township - southwest
- Newton Township - west
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Miami County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- The History of Miami County, Ohio: Containing a History of the County; Its Cities, Towns, Etc. Windmill Publications. 1880. p. 372.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.