|Given for||the best college football player in the state of Mississippi|
|Presented by||Mississippi Sports Hall of Fame|
|Most recent||Jeffrey Simmons, Mississippi State|
|Website||Mississippi Sports Hall of Fame Events|
The Conerly Trophy or Cellular South Conerly Trophy or C Spire Conerly Trophy is an award given annually to the best college football player in the state of Mississippi by the Mississippi Sports Hall of Fame.
Sixty media representatives from across Mississippi determine the Trophy recipient. All players at Mississippi's four-year college football programs are eligible on the first ballot. Previously, the top three vote-getters were listed on a second and final ballot, but starting with the 2011 award, each of the four-year colleges and universities in Mississippi that field football teams are represented by one finalist. In 2013, fans were allowed to vote on the award for the first time. Fan voting accounted for 10 percent of the total vote.
Voters are instructed to evaluate a player's entire regular season performance and ignore post-season honors or professional potential.
The Conerly Trophy is a bronze casting, 19" high x 11" long x 7.5" wide, weighing 18.5 lbs. (8.4 kg). The trophy was sculpted by Bruce Holmes Brady, a Brookhaven, Mississippi native and graduate of the University of Mississippi. The original trophy is on permanent display at the Mississippi Sports Hall of Fame and Museum. A replica of the trophy is presented to the winner each year at the announcement dinner.
The award was begun in 1996 and has been sponsored by C Spire Wireless, formerly known as Cellular South, since 1998. Previous presentations have been held in Jackson, Clarksdale, Tunica and Biloxi. The namesake of the award is Mississippi-born Charlie Conerly who also starred as quarterback at the University of Mississippi, and was later a star for the New York Giants.
Winners and finalists
Trophies won by school
Kent Hull Trophy
|2013||Gabe Jackson||G||Mississippi State|||
|2014||Laremy Tunsil||T||Ole Miss|||
|2015||Fahn Cooper||T||Ole Miss|||
|2016||Justin Senior||T||Mississippi State|||
|2017||Martinas Rankin||T||Mississippi State|||
|2018||Elgton Jenkins||C||Mississippi State|||
- "Cellular South Outstanding Player Awards". Cellular South Outstanding Player Awards. Archived from the original on 2009-05-22. Retrieved 2009-08-05.
- Talbott, Chris (2009-11-30). "Dixon wins Conerly Trophy". SDNMSU.Wordpress.com. The Starkville Daily News Bulldog Blog.
- MBJ Staff (2013-11-26). "Fan voting opens for first time in Conerly Trophy history". MSBusiness.com. Mississippi Business Journal.
- Blevins, Dave (2012). College Football Awards: All National and Conference Winners Through 2010. McFarland. ISBN 978-0-7864-9080-6.
- "Senate Concurrent Resolution SB589, 2000 Regular Session" (PDF). Mississippi State Legislature. Retrieved 1 December 2015.
- The Best - and Worst - of 1996 Season
- Mississippi House Concurrent Resolution 103
- J.J. Johnson @ Debate.org Archived 2013-12-17 at the Wayback Machine
- Deuce McAllister Bio
- Delta State honors its student-athletes
- Eli Manning's College Statistics & Records
- Davis Wins Conerly Trophy, "Mississippi's Heisman"
- Davis Named Finalist For Conerly Trophy
- Mississippi Senate Concurrent Resolution 542
- Davis Named Finalist For Conerly Trophy
- USM's Boley Wins Conerly Trophy
- Mississippi House Resolution 19
- Patrick Willis Honored with Conerly Trophy
- Southern Miss' Fletcher Wins Conerly Trophy
- Joseph Wins 2008 Cellular South Conerly Trophy
- 2008 CellularSouth Conerly Trophy Finalists Archived 2013-12-17 at the Wayback Machine
- State's Dixon Awarded Conerly Trophy As Best Collegiate Football Player In Mississippi
- Miss St. LB Chris White wins Conerly Trophy
- Therriault Among Top Three in Conerly Trophy
- USM Quarterback Austin Davis Wins 2011 Conerly Trophy as Top College Football Player in Mississippi
- Conerly trophy Nominees Gifted
- Bo Wallace wins 2012 Conerly Trophy
- 10 Nominees for 2012 Conerly Trophy
- Gabe Jackson Wins 2013 Conerly Trophy Archived 2015-09-08 at the Wayback Machine
- Ten Finalists Announced for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- Prescott Claims 2014 C Spire Conerly Award
- Mississippi State QB Prescott wins Conerly Trophy
- 2015 C Spire Conerly Trophy nominees
- This year's C Spire Conerly Trophy nominees
- Ole Miss receiver A.J. Brown wins 2017 C Spire Conerly Trophy
- MSU's Jeffery Simmons, Elgton Jenkins collect Conerly and Hull awards
- Kent Hull Trophy, tribute banquet announced
- State's Gabe Jackson wins first Hull Trophy
- Laremy Tunsil wins Kent Hull Trophy
- Ole Miss’ Fahn Cooper wins 2015 Kent Hull Trophy
- Justin Senior wins Kent Hull Trophy as top OL in state
- Senior Martinas Rankin Wins 2017 Kent Hull Trophy
- Senior State’s Elgton Jenkins wins Kent Hull Trophy